Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21G 12V Fridge Question

Head scratcher for me, On the 12v Norcold fridge, the dealer explained the fridge runs off the solar on the roof which is charging the battery on the trailer, but when your plugged into shore power the fridge still runs of 12V but not of the batteries. So my question is, if when on shore power and the solar is charging the batteries, it shows batteries at 100%, then why is it, in the morning my batteries show 94% if there is no draw from the fridge, and by mid day again there back to 100%. I would have thought the charge would stay at 100% as there is no draw coming from them. Am I missing something.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your 12 volt fridge always runs off batteries. Always.

The only difference is what is charging them. When plugged in to 115 volt shore power, your converter is charging the batteries. The solar will also keep them topped off.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Your 12 volt fridge always runs off batteries. Always.

The only difference is what is charging them. When plugged in to 115 volt shore power, your converter is charging the batteries. The solar will also keep them topped off.
    Huntr70, thank you, that makes sense, why my dealer could not explain that to me in simple terms.

Thanks again.