User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Black Awning Fabric

So my question is why does Grand Design use black awning fabric. I get that it is more forgiving on appearance at hiding stains, etc but
    on a hot day when you would just like to relax under the awning, it is so much hotter than my previous campers that had white fabric on them. Maybe it's just to go with the black / white scheme but I would prefer a white awning with maybe black accents. Not sure if it's this way on all series but I know it is on the 2021 Reflections and Imagines.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Across the industry, owners complain of fabric staining even though it's truly a user maintenance matter. That's one reason. Another is limiting SKUs. Black goes with everything, and if you look at manufacturing they look to interchange parts on as many products as possible. Finally, black has the highest UV degradation resistance, and holding all else equal will give you greatest longevity.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania