User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Transcend Xplor 265BH Exterior Lights

Back story, let me start with this before I get wound up. We've owned multiple campers. First one was a Rockwood Roo. Last one was a Pioneer BH260. With every change we've made, we tried to focus our attention to the way we camp, where we go, who goes with us, and what we use in/on the camper - then we shop floor plans. I went into the dealership looking for the Imagine series, but decided to look at this floorplan because it's unique. As soon as the husband walked in this one, I knew it was over. We never saw the Imagine. Sigh. But our camper is comfortable, gorgeous, and overall I am happy.

The camper has a power awning and no awning light. I guess GD couldn't find the $15 in the budget for an LED strip light? I didn't discover this until our first trip. The only light installed on the outside of this camper casts a light that looks like a tiny little police helicopter is hovering in some odd position under your awning... all like "hey, look at your bad purchasing decision... now put your hands on your head". It's that bad. You'd rather be sad and sit in the dark rather than turn this light on. The scraggly Pioneer had awning lights and groovy underlighting. Come on, GD. Entry level is still a $30K investment and you can afford some lights.

Suggestions have come forth from my well meaning loved ones, like "hang lights on the awning". This is kind of missing the point. I was trying to progress. This is why I don't own the Roo (and I loved that little party wagon). Less set up. Less tear down. Less crap to haul. Now I need a ladder and string lights and clamps and another extension cord. Shoot me.

Any suggestions? LED light installations that won't require drilling through the sidewalls and floors, or other activities that may void a warranty?

Thanks for listening, and answering.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trade it in for something that is built like crap, but has fancy lighting.

Maybe a Cherokee Gray Wolf? Even has LED lights behind the slide out flange on the inside.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Trade it in for something that is built like crap, but has fancy lighting.

Maybe a Cherokee Gray Wolf? Even has LED lights behind the slide out flange on the inside.....
    Wow, thanks, huntr70. That was super helpful.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manders View Post
    Wow, thanks, huntr70. That was super helpful.
    You're quite welcome. I always wonder why member's very first posts on here are complaining about things.

There is no way to get any extra lighting without running extension cords or feeding wires through the sidewall, which you don't want to do.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 21 foot led strip on my Imagine and it is never turned on
    It just attracts bugs and is quite annoying to neighbours so it stays off

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my first post: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...nd-Xplor-265BH
    A video of a tutorial walkthrough under the premise of "I found this helpful, wanted to share".

Before you start slapping people new to your community for sharing their opinion, won't you try to see if they have something to contribute.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my first post: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...nd-Xplor-265BH
    A video of a tutorial walkthrough under the premise of "I found this helpful, wanted to share".

Before you start slapping people new to your community for sharing their opinion, won't you try to see if they have something to contribute.
    I'm sorry you feel offended or attacked. This is how many owners on this site feel when someone is new and posts stuff like this.

Your #2 post.....

"Back story, let me start with this before I get wound up."

"The camper has a power awning and no awning light. I guess GD couldn't find the $15 in the budget for an LED strip light? I didn't discover this until our first trip. The only light installed on the outside of this camper casts a light that looks like a tiny little police helicopter is hovering in some odd position under your awning... all like "hey, look at your bad purchasing decision... now put your hands on your head". It's that bad. You'd rather be sad and sit in the dark rather than turn this light on. The scraggly Pioneer had awning lights and groovy underlighting. Come on, GD. Entry level is still a $30K investment and you can afford some lights."
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I feel attacked? LOL. You chose to ignore the content of the post, including quoting me without actually quoting the part you shouldn't be ignoring, then infer it's my problem if I find it offensive?

You feel compelled to speak on behalf of the "many owners" on this forum? Well, on behalf of the noobs... your welcoming committee - doing it wrong.

Mods you can kill this thread and my account. Thank you!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I feel attacked? LOL. You chose to ignore the content of the post, including quoting me without actually quoting the part you shouldn't be ignoring, then infer it's my problem if I find it offensive?

You feel compelled to speak on behalf of the "many owners" on this forum? Well, on behalf of the noobs... your welcoming committee - doing it wrong.

Mods you can kill this thread and my account. Thank you!
    GD doesn’t monitor this forum so making “suggestions” about what the should do or should have done is somewhat pointless

This would have been a better post perhaps if you had said
    We just purchased a new Transcend. We didn’t notice that there wasn’t much for exterior lighting when we purchased and was wondering if anyone had ideas or mods that they have done to add light

Perhaps you can add a strip light under the trailer along the frame
    Strips are readily available on Amazon and it would be easy to power and hide wiring and it would likely cast a lot of light.
    Goodluck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, NB Canada. I was concerned about the aftermarket kits, we still have to wire a transformer somehow, right? Anyway, it's new and it's my baby. I didn't want to stick a bunch of holes in her, so I was hoping someone else out there felt this frustration and found a cure. The dealerships near me have proven to be purveyors of BS and incompetence, so there is no way I am taking it to one of them.

I did send something to GD initially. I do contract work for an RV part dealer out of Elkhart. I have connections to connections within the organization. I can try that route.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast