User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, I was actually surprised to see the choice GD made with this trailer. My old Jayco had an LED strip light built into the awning. This seems ideal from a manufacturing point of view, because it simplifies the install process considerably. Installing a separate fixture is certainly more work, and given that RV manufacturers seem to be all about saving money & time .........
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    add a strip light under the trailer along the frame
    That's an interesting thought. I've got a whole bunch of extra waterproof LED strip and it isn't too hard to mount. It's a little bit power hungry, though, and we mostly dry camp so it'd me more novelty than useful for us. But for OP it might be a perfect solution.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time rv buyer being wowed by the 265bh layout and buying on the spot... been there, done that. Great storage too.

Realizing months later that construction and features of transcend aren't at same level as imagine and that trailers are always work in progress...you just want best foundation to start from. Plus 33ft 265bh not really best pairing for half ton.

Sold the transcend and bought imagine xls. Tows better and perfectly and while I'm sure still not near quality of reflection line, is good enough that I have zero regrets.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd bet money that the construction quality between Transcend and Imagine is basically identical (especially the XLS). What you're paying for is fiberglass. Maybe that's a better foundation, maybe worse. A matter of opinion.

I chose the 261BH because it's GD's best floorplan at the 30ft size, not offered as an Imagine.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I'd bet money that the construction quality between Transcend and Imagine is basically identical (especially the XLS). What you're paying for is fiberglass. Maybe that's a better foundation, maybe worse. A matter of opinion.

I chose the 261BH because it's GD's best floorplan at the 30ft size, not offered as an Imagine.
    Not just fibreglass. Aluminum framing as well

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just fibreglass. Aluminum framing as well
    Yeah, I assume that fiberglass campers all use aluminum framing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I assume that fiberglass campers all use aluminum framing.
    Yes but imo this is the advantage not the siding

A fully welded alloy structure would be stronger than a wood framed screwed and stapled

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but imo this is the advantage not the siding
    This is where the 'matter of opinion' comment really kicks in . When I think of aluminum/fiberglass walls it's the fiberglass part I'm not a fan of. Now, can I get aluminum over aluminum? Hmmm.

A fully welded alloy structure would be stronger than a wood framed screwed and stapled
    As someone who hasn't kept a camper long enough to have this become a liability, I wonder how long it takes.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is where the 'matter of opinion' comment really kicks in . When I think of aluminum/fiberglass walls it's the fiberglass part I'm not a fan of. Now, can I get aluminum over aluminum? Hmmm.

As someone who hasn't kept a camper long enough to have this become a liability, I wonder how long it takes.
    Just because the alloy frame may be stronger doesn’t mean the wood framed will fail

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in our case...we switched from 33ft 6600lb 265bh to 30ft 6300lb uvwr 24mpr. The 24mpr is slightly lighter, shorter, and better balanced towing if you manage it and even behind a full size expedition SUV - it is a pleasure to tow. You do have to put weight behind axles and properly use wdh to avoid tongue/payload issues..but thats better than sway from back focused weight on the 265bh.

The 24mpr has the fiberglass yes, but also bigger axles and tires, and tires are offroad design, plus tirelync/one onecontrol builtin. 24mpr can be implemented as mobile office, week on the lake couples trailer, or as long distance moving van with 80 sqft garage.

That said, for full time rv life, something like the imagine 2910 or reflection might be better..but we aren't there yet and the 24mpr is biggest our current tow vehicle can handle.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast