User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, I cant stand those who bash products simply because those who are doing the basing didn't do their due diligence. If you spent $30K+ on a new RV and had no idea a "common feature" was missing, thats no one elses fault but your own.

Now to get back on topic for those who still would like some direction on this....

There are many many options on Amazon for led strip lights. Waterproof, not waterproof, remote functions, color, you name it and amazon has it. For reference, the standard awning size for our Transcends is 15' in length.

You can also go to Lipperts website https://store.lci1.com/rv/campsite-patio/awnings and find many "OEM" solutions. The products Lippert offers are way more expensive but can be guaranteed to fit and function just like the RVs like come with awning light installed from the factory.

Installation onto the awning is straight forward and can be done by just about anyone. The wiring is a little more involved but can still be done by the average DIYer. I am still new to the forum so I don't know what all has been posted in the past. I am sure a basic search will give some direction on fishing through the walls.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citaion03 View Post
    First off, I cant stand those who bash products simply because those who are doing the basing didn't do their due diligence.
    Worse is people defending a product simply because they own it, as if criticizing that product is tantamount to criticizing them personally. Nobody here needs to white knight for GD, they're just a big faceless corporation. This ain't a team sport.

My Jayco in 2016 had a strip light built in to the awning itself. It was nicer than the surface mount light on the Transcend. Was actually a little surprised to see GD going with that option in 2021. I don't use my outside light much so it doesn't bother me, but it definitely constitutes a downgrade.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too were initially looking for an Imagine 2600RB (still a very nice trailer) until we saw the Transcend 26RLS. We realized that we were giving up some nice upgrades like fiberglass sides, a larger storage compartment, LED awning lights, among some other options, but still there were a few surprises. Frankly, we just loved the layout of 26RLS. We liked having the extra fold out sofa and large rear windows. Since this was our first trailer before we purchased, I created a thread asking for some advice, stating that we were having issues deciding between the 2600RB and 26RLS. Well a lot of responses told us to go with the layout that we liked the best and not worry about the rest. Well that's exactly what we did and we have not looked back. It was good advice. We must be tad unusual tastes, because GD only made the 26RLS for a very short time and the 2600RB is still going strong. In fact, we've had the trailer over 3 years and put over 14,000 miles going up and down the east coast and we've yet to see another 26RLS!

Over the years that we've owned it I've gone about making upgraded to the trailer like adding LED reading lights, installing Ez-Flex suspension, adding a countertop fold out, upgraded the OSB under the bed, replacing the mattress, added a fan unit to the fridge vent and put a dimmer switch on the main cabin lights. There a couple things that I'd like to further, like upgrade to Lithium batteries, install a rear facing camera and improve the LED outside lighting. I think that there may be a way to add a LED strip to our existing Solera awning without drilling into the aluminum siding. When I figure it out I'll post the solution

Lastly, I thought your description of the Transcend outside light was rather funny.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that going with the layout you like best is a good choice. It's exactly what we ended up doing. I won't lie, though, if I could nab one of the fiberglass 261BH's they made late in 2021, I'd do it. But the trade cost would be absolutely ridiculous, so... no.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I agree that going with the layout you like best is a good choice. It's exactly what we ended up doing. I won't lie, though, if I could nab one of the fiberglass 261BH's they made late in 2021, I'd do it. But the trade cost would be absolutely ridiculous, so... no.
    I know exactly what you mean, I sometimes wish we went with the Reflection 297RSTS or Imagine 2970RL, but I was afraid that they were just to too long! Now I realize the extra foot or two isn't that big of a deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post

Lastly, I thought your description of the Transcend outside light was rather funny.
    I got a chuckle out of that, too.

I am surprised where GD cut costs, also.
    That 'Porch Light' is very effective at lighting the campsite to the point where you can read a drug company mimeograph without any issues at night. But attracts every moth within 17miles.

We have a set of LED Edison Bulb string lights that we drape over the awning. We just use some clothespins to keep things neat and tidy...

They make an Old Fashioned yellow-y light and provide enough light to see, but not enough to bring bugs.
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123