User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this normal for the roof? GD said yes...

I sent Grand Design a photo of our roof. They said this wrinkle is normal due to weather conditions, see picture please? Our 337rls is a 2020, one year and 5 months. My son in law is an RV tech and he said the roof should be smooth and flat and the roof membrane was not rolled out properly when built. Has anyone else had this issue with the roof wrinkling?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No picture, but there should be some wrinkles where the wooden panels come together.

Also, temperature plays a role in the Alpha TPO roof covering.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for reply. I tried to attach photo, but could not get it save correctly. Thanks for your reply.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called with same issue. GD said it’s normal, unless it gets bigger. Mine was like a narrow wrinkle/bubble about 8 inches long. When I looked again a few weeks later, it looked like it laid itself back down.

I inferred that the membrane isn’t actually glued down around the edges to give it some free play where it’s attached, so there’s some looseness expected. He did say the most important place to look at is the front edge, as that is where if something gets started, the air flow from traveling will finish it.
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.