User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bobter3.....Where did you get the fans? Are they an upgrade or OEM?
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bobter3...Just noticed you are in Valley Head, WV. We'll be in Moorefield, WV around August 13 - 15 to visit some friends.
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    bobter3.....Where did you get the fans? Are they an upgrade or OEM?
    I guess you could say they were an OEM upgrade. This is where i got mine from https://www.camperid.com/norcold/nor...990849996.html I got the ones that were matched to amp and output. And GD reimbursed me for them! It wasn't bad to put them in, just a bit of an awkward angle.

Moorefield is about 1 1/2 hours away from me. I think it's beautiful here. We just moved back here from OH after my wife being gone for 30 years. Time to take care of the in-laws so here we are!!
    2020 337RLS
    2018 F350 4WD CCLB Dually Diesel
    2010 FLHTCU and 2021 Explorer
    USAF 19th SPS Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bobter3....Thanks again. I really do appreciate you taking the time to get me that information. Happy camping!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    2019 303RLS
    We noticed on this last 3 week trip that the Dometic 8 cu.ft. frig would get up to 48 degrees during the day per the thermostat on the face of the frig. At night it would go back down to 34-35 degrees by the time we got up. Outside temps during the day were about 92 degrees. So, we got real cautious about what we had in it and made sure there was plenty of airflow around items.
    Here is the question... I pulled the top frig cover off and found this plywood paneling up to the top coils and covering about 3/4 of an inch of the coils. Is this normal and needed or should I cut this out to open up ventilation? The temp gauge on the frig agrees with a heat gun. I was wondering if someone with the same trailer could look at theirs and send photo. Thanks to all.
    Attachment 35575
    Consider putting a slide topper on the fridge slide. This helps keep direct sunlight off the slide and helps the fridge stay cooler.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, PullRite 16K Superglide, 2022 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a similar issue with our Dometic 2882 (8 cubic ft) fridge. My fridge installation did not have the baffle that you, and others, have described (in picture). I found an open air space above the fridge that allowed hot air to collect there. After filling that space with insulation, and adding a second fan to increase the air flow across the fins, it seems to be operating much better. Gets colder and stays colder, even in SC summer weather. To add the fan, I was able to access the fan location through the top vent and the wiring through the bottom vent.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, we also added a slide topper over it back in April.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    Oh, we also added a slide topper over it back in April.
    My slide toppers are black.... It would be nice if they made them out of a highly reflective material.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    That panel is there to force the hot air that is using up from the bottom thru the coils and then out the side vent. Unfortunately, this isn't sufficient when it gets warm outside and the hot air doesn't evacuate quick enough to cool the coils down.
    I whole-heartedly agree with your opinion. That is why I installed a switch on our Norcold that bypasses the thermal switch that makes those condenser fans run. The sensor is at the top of the condenser coils.

I connected two wires in parallel with the thermal switch and ran them down to a SPST (single pole single throw) that I mounted in a drilled hole in the condenser mounting bracket (that I can reach without a ladder). When it gets hot outside I turn this switch on which makes the fans run ANYTIME the fridge is calling for cool. We can usually reduce our setting one or two numbers to get the same temperature and a cool condenser runs more efficiently.

One caveat: If you are boondocking or if the power goes out don't forget to turn this switch OFF. With this switch off as well as most everything else our fridge can go about 36 hours on a single lead-acid battery before it starts complaining about low power.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12