Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold 1210T Fan Noise

The two fans behind my Norcold 1210T refrigerator make just enough noise to be annoying. The fans make a whining noise that is easy to hear when in the kitchen and living room area of my 303RLS. I removed the top exterior refrigerator vent so I could see and hear the fans. Both appear to make the same amount of noise, so I don't think one is defective and creating the noise. Maybe they both are defective? Maybe neither is defective and I'm too sensitive to noise? Do your Norcold fans make noise when running?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat CCSB 7.3L 4.30 Axle, B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewb View Post
    The two fans behind my Norcold 1210T refrigerator make just enough noise to be annoying. The fans make a whining noise that is easy to hear when in the kitchen and living room area of my 303RLS. I removed the top exterior refrigerator vent so I could see and hear the fans. Both appear to make the same amount of noise, so I don't think one is defective and creating the noise. Maybe they both are defective? Maybe neither is defective and I'm too sensitive to noise? Do your Norcold fans make noise when running?
    I have a Domestic and the OEM fan was noisy from day 2. The first mod I made was changing the single fan to a pair of fans. After having the trailer for a year I just replaced the fans again because my first replacements were getting noisy.

I didn't think the noise on the first replacements was the fans but more how I installed them. They were larger fans so they didn't fit the OEM mounting holes.

I purchased two new fans from Amazon that had the same mounting holes as the OEM bracket. They installed very nicely. I purchased some be quiet! the second time around and just installed. Much quieter and a perfect fit.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used our new 303rls for the first time this week with the same refrigerator as yours. It is a little bit noisy but not terrible. I might look into replacing the fan with the quiet type.
    Reflection 303 rls
    2021 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ standard bed 6.6 gas engine
    B&W hitch with puck system

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't stand that obnoxious fan noise any longer, so those noisy fans had to go! I went to Best Buy and bought a couple Corsair fans as replacements. Now, when running the refrigerator on propane I only hear the background sound of the propane burner. When running on electricity the refrigerator is silent. This is a big improvement over the factory Norcold fans!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fans1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	35839
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat CCSB 7.3L 4.30 Axle, B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewb View Post
    I couldn't stand that obnoxious fan noise any longer, so those noisy fans had to go! I went to Best Buy and bought a couple Corsair fans as replacements. Now, when running the refrigerator on propane I only hear the background sound of the propane burner. When running on electricity the refrigerator is silent. This is a big improvement over the factory Norcold fans!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fans1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	35839
    Agree with that! Now get two more as spares so you have something to install when these get noisy. You may be able to get a better price off Amazon.

I have hand my trailer for a year. I replaced my fan the first week and just replaced the two I installed a year ago.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas