User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bhanson

New Owner Concerns

Hi everyone, my name is Brad and Im a campaholic. Anyway, we just purchased a new 2015 313rlts approx. 2 weeks ago. We looked at several different campers and truly fell in love with this one. Now, the ugly.....we are seeing more and more problems with our camper each time we are in it. Our dealer is fantastic, however the product itself and the problems we are having seem to have been originated when it was built.
    1. Front jacks don't work
    2. Panty door not installed square with opening
    3. Several drawers and doors won't stay shut
    3. DVD issues (resolved )
    4. Daylight seen on both sides of bottom entrance door jamb
    5. Bathroom door jamb trim board popped off
    6. Refrigerator quit working on elec and now only on gas ( $75 of groceries lost)
    7. Veneer above sofa trim peeling
    8. Armrest on recliners makes oil canning sound
    9. Leaking sink from the strainer basket not being installed correctly

These are just the issues we have found after 4 nights in our camper. I understand things can happen, but is there no quality control department at the factory? I really wish I could have "tried" this camper out for a weekend first before shelling out big bucks. Sorry for my rant, but this is our 3rd new camper and is by far the nicest and also has the most wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of your problems. Some of this should have been addressed at PDI and others you wont find until later. From the list of things not square, drawers not staying shut seeing daylight around entry door and fridge not working correctly all scream a red flag of not sitting level and opening the slides with the trailer out of level. I'm a few weeks into my 323 BHS and have started a list but my issues thus far are trivial like the LED light on the shore power connection no longer works and the bottom fastener on one side of the shower wall is loose and cannot be tightened (stripped out).

Bhanson
    Trailer is level on a cement pad. I agree, some things could have been addressed at PDI however, why are things this bad from the factory. NOBODY would accept a new truck to have this many ailments.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new truck would be 90% machine built versus 90% human built...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

The Duke 316

Now I'm Concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanson View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Brad and Im a campaholic. Anyway, we just purchased a new 2015 313rlts approx. 2 weeks ago. We looked at several different campers and truly fell in love with this one. Now, the ugly.....we are seeing more and more problems with our camper each time we are in it. Our dealer is fantastic, however the product itself and the problems we are having seem to have been originated when it was built.
    1. Front jacks don't work
    2. Panty door not installed square with opening
    3. Several drawers and doors won't stay shut
    3. DVD issues (resolved )
    4. Daylight seen on both sides of bottom entrance door jamb
    5. Bathroom door jamb trim board popped off
    6. Refrigerator quit working on elec and now only on gas ( $75 of groceries lost)
    7. Veneer above sofa trim peeling
    8. Armrest on recliners makes oil canning sound
    9. Leaking sink from the strainer basket not being installed correctly

These are just the issues we have found after 4 nights in our camper. I understand things can happen, but is there no quality control department at the factory? I really wish I could have "tried" this camper out for a weekend first before shelling out big bucks. Sorry for my rant, but this is our 3rd new camper and is by far the nicest and also has the most wrong.
    Wow! Now I am concerned. I just purchased a new 2016 313RLTS last week that is supposed to come of the line next Wednesday. I spent a lot of time researching trailers as did you and then plunked down a lot of money for my trailer, hoping that I was getting a quality made product. After reading your post I might be having second thoughts? The main thing of course is that GD make it right, with as little inconvenience to you as possible! Please keep us informed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have a knee jerk reaction to seeing one trailer with the issues. How about see how the issues are resolved and then you can see how the company really stands behind their product.

BTW, The Duke is my hero. My son is a year and a half and already is well versed on him. "Duke" was like his 3rd word.

Bhanson
    I have no doubts that the dealer and company will stand behind the problems we are having. What IS disappointing are the troubles themselves, especially after some efforts of quality control could have prevented most. I don't blame or single out Grand Design, but the industry itself.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to see you have this litany of issues. Fortunately, it looks like quite a few of your issues just need some adjustments to get it corrected. When we purchased our 337 in March of '14, we had quite a few major defects. Most of our issues were caused by defective parts that were supplied to GD. Of course, there were some tweaks and adjustments that had to be made too. To make matters worse, our dealership's service department at Lazy Days in Tucson was the most inept and incompetent that I've ever dealt with. They even damaged the interior so bad that they couldn't fix it.

However, I contacted GD customer service and they immediately got the ball rolling. GD made sure I was completely satisfied with my purchase, and even took the FW back to the factory to fix the damage that Lazy Days inflicted. I've owned many brands of trailers over the years, and they all had some problems to deal with, but none of them had customer service like GD. If I ever purchase a replacement trailer, it will be a Grand Design rig.

Work with your dealer and GD, and they'll make sure these initial problems are resolved, and they'll be there for you if something fails when you're on the road.

Jim

The Duke 316

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Don't have a knee jerk reaction to seeing one trailer with the issues. How about see how the issues are resolved and then you can see how the company really stands behind their product.

BTW, The Duke is my hero. My son is a year and a half and already is well versed on him. "Duke" was like his 3rd word.
    That's nice, he was a great actor, as well as a great American. My mother loved him and i guess the rest is history as they say. I get lots of compliments on my name and I'm very proud of it.

My last sentence applied to GD making things right.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often joke (sometimes serious) how much better the country would be if we could clone Duke and Reagan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast