User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water issue

We have had our new Imagine 26 footer for 5 months. The problem we have is every time it sits for a few weeks the next time out when I open the valve to attach my sewer hose I get about a gallon of gunk that comes out even though the valve is closed. I took it to the dealer (Happy Daze RV in Sacramento) and there answer is that it is normal for that to happen and is a design flaw. Grand Design says that is not the case. Somebody is not telling the truth. Anybody else having this issue?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Many people have this issue, and lots of discussions on it if you use the search function. The easiest solution without changing the pitch of the tank piping is to install a Valterra twist-on gate valve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always would get a little dribble just from the drain pipe but a gallon seems like a lot more than just from the pipe. As mentioned get the Valterra Valve. I like mine as even a little bit is messy and not sanitary. Then the next time you go camping hook up your slinky to the Valterra valve and open it until nothing comes out. Then close and leave it and just before you dump the first time open the Valterra valve first and see if anything comes out using a clear elbow. If you get much at all your drain valve is leaking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x3 for the twist on Valterra, although I don't get gallons. If you are getting that much then something is up with your black gate and your dealer is trying to get out with not doing that warranty work. It could be debris from construction that is stuck in the gate track.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always had about a quart or so come out (from the galley tank I believe) before installing a Valterra valve as others have mentioned. I opted for the permanent glue-on version so it didn’t stick out too far. Was easier than I thought to remove the existing ABS and re-glue a stub for the valve.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26B40212-63DF-4B78-9D0A-E8919A498304.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	801.9 KB 
ID:	35672
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Ram 2500 Laramie - 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

BattleBorn LiFePO4 - Renogy/Victron Solar - SumoSprings - SeeLevel II

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water issue

I have had this problem as well. Sometimes a drop sometimes a dribble and sometimes a torrent. Quite unsettling when you are at a full hookup site and have an unexpected toxic dump. (Eye roll…)

I am always level when I dump so I know its not that (yes, I am that guy at the dump station but I try to be fast).

Since it is intermittent I have just figured there is some debris in the dump valve channel that keeps the valve from closing (ok, who ate corn? Lol)

That said, i am not comfortable using the external gate valve mentioned above due to ground clearance etc so I got a cap that has a port for a garden hose. This way I can unscrew the small port to see how much residual is in there and drain it comfortably before opening the main drain cap. This has served me well since 99% of the time it is just a few drops.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQKBP2...F33Z50R76RED9N

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk