User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're using the Hollywood RV Bike Rack. Because ours are step-thru and have fenders we couldn't use the kind that require a cross bar.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    We're using the Hollywood RV Bike Rack. Because ours are step-thru and have fenders we couldn't use the kind that require a cross bar.
    Actually, both of ours are the step through models....you just need to buy one of these for each bike and the ratcheting "J" hook comes down on top of the temporary crossbar.

https://www.amazon.com/HYPERAX-Bike-...55849573&psc=1
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Actually, both of ours are the step through models....you just need to buy one of these for each bike and the ratcheting "J" hook comes down on top of the temporary crossbar.

https://www.amazon.com/HYPERAX-Bike-...55849573&psc=1
    yea.... I knew I could do that. But it meant shelling our more moola.

I did modify a Swagman rack with J hooks tho for our non-electric bikes, one of which was a step through.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    yea.... I knew I could do that. But it meant shelling our more moola.

I did modify a Swagman rack with J hooks tho for our non-electric bikes, one of which was a step through.
    I hear ya....RV rated bike racks, especially the ones that are made heavy duty enough for ebikes are quite expensive. I sold a Swagman that we had that wasn't RV rated and certainly wasn't heavy duty enough for the ebikes. That money went towards a Hyperax Volt RV rack.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose to put my hitch/rack on the front of my truck. I regret buying the Yakima OnRamp rack, it has the ramp that is way to narrow and nothing stops the bike from trying to roll off either end until you lock it down. The Hyperax is the same as the swagman rack and I chose not to get that one as it slops around quite a bit and I don't want that happening in front of me.
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    I chose to put my hitch/rack on the front of my truck. I regret buying the Yakima OnRamp rack, it has the ramp that is way to narrow and nothing stops the bike from trying to roll off either end until you lock it down. The Hyperax is the same as the swagman rack and I chose not to get that one as it slops around quite a bit and I don't want that happening in front of me.
    They both (the Swagman and the Hyperax) have threaded bolts that you screw in and tighten down to hold the rack's 2" square tube firm in the receiver hitch. In addition to that, I also bought a hitch tightener that clamps around the rack's tube that goes into the receiver and then clamps up against the bottom of the receiver tube. Pretty much any and all movement can be stopped by using both of those methods.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bulls E-Bikes - Class 1

Purchased two Bulls eBikes with the Bosch systems - Initially going with the Iconic TR 1 (Class 3) then researched the Class System for eBikes. Ultimately went with the Copperhead models, which are Class 1.

Class 1 means you have to pedal to engage the motor and the motor doesn't assist past 20 mph. So above that speed YOU are the motor just like a non eBike.

Class 2 also has a throttle and motor engages up to 20 mpg,

and Class 3 also has a throttle but provides motor assistance to 28mph - it is more a commuter bike.

Most states and the national parks are implementing rules on use of eBikes on their trails. Class 1 is generally accepted, while 2 and 3 are prohibited.

Bosch has a good eBike page that explains the types of motors they sell - all are mid-drive - meaning the motor is placed where the pedals are. It feels natural to have the power emanating from that point. Other ebikes have hub motors - placed at the rear axle - which feels a bit like a push. So try both before you make a decision.
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2 Trek Allant’s they are considered commuter bikes but they have 2 inch tires. We have a Kuat Transfer V2 rack (be careful to see if they are RV approved if that is where you are carrying them). We had a real bumper q/4 inch steel ) fabricated to the chassis for the bikes and generator system.
    Safe travels
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TS_Breezes View Post
    Purchased two Bulls eBikes with the Bosch systems - Initially going with the Iconic TR 1 (Class 3) then researched the Class System for eBikes. Ultimately went with the Copperhead models, which are Class 1.

Class 1 means you have to pedal to engage the motor and the motor doesn't assist past 20 mph. So above that speed YOU are the motor just like a non eBike.

Class 2 also has a throttle and motor engages up to 20 mpg,

and Class 3 also has a throttle but provides motor assistance to 28mph - it is more a commuter bike.

Most states and the national parks are implementing rules on use of eBikes on their trails. Class 1 is generally accepted, while 2 and 3 are prohibited.

Bosch has a good eBike page that explains the types of motors they sell - all are mid-drive - meaning the motor is placed where the pedals are. It feels natural to have the power emanating from that point. Other ebikes have hub motors - placed at the rear axle - which feels a bit like a push. So try both before you make a decision.
    Check out this link.....Your info in not accurate about ebikes on National Park Trails...
    https://electrek.co/2019/09/02/elect...0park%20trails.

Specifically, this paragraph...
    The new law allows all three classes of e-bikes to ride on cycling trails in national parks, though Class 2 and Class 3 e-bikes are not allowed to use the throttle control. Those e-bikes must be pedaled like standard Class 1 e-bikes while on national park trails. Thus far it appears this will be handled on the honor system.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wreck_diver View Post
    We got our Lectric 2.0 xp just before Christmas. Trying to figure out the best way to haul them is our issue. Id appreciate some feedback as to how everyone else is transporting them. We have a LWB so they are
    against the cab for now.
    We also have 2 Lectric step thru's. I have them in Husky totes from Home Depot in the basement of the 5er.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast