User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added propane line for external grill

My 230RL does not have outside grill, bought one, don't like using little green propane tanks and want to plumb to on board tanks......anything out there on how to do this and what parts are needed?
    Thanks
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I ran into was the RV’s propane system’s pressure is controlled by a regulator. If you connect to your propane’s line, you’ll probably going to have to remove your grill’s regulator. Otherwise you’re running regulator controlled pressure into another regulator. That didn’t work for me. For convenience using a quick disconnect and a shutoff valve will give you what you want. I learned our 2021 Reflection 337RLS actually had the line and disconnect/valve installed by the factory, which was a pleasant surprise. You’re going to enjoy saying goodbye to those little green tanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a brass tee with a quick disconnect fitting inline between the hose that goes to the tank and the pressure regulator. Then you can just plug in a line and run it to your grill and you will get full pressure off the tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, our 337 has a gas line under pass-through storage outside. We got the webber grill with cart. They have a kit that you can remove the regulator off of the grill and sets up connection for a hose. Love it. Our last camper had grill that hung on outside mount with quick connect hose. I like having the portability now. You can get many different hose lengths. You can move it out from under your awning so you can leave your awning open and not worry about torching it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose to just bring a separate 20 lb bottle and use that instead of plumbing a line from the rig. My thinking is I can put the grill anywhere with the 20 lb bottle, plus have spare propane if both bottles in the rig empty.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I chose to just bring a separate 20 lb bottle and use that instead of plumbing a line from the rig. My thinking is I can put the grill anywhere with the 20 lb bottle, plus have spare propane if both bottles in the rig empty.
    Same here, mostly, though I just grab one of the tanks from the tongue. Going to switch out to 30# soon, though, so I may run a high pressure line.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this in an earlier thread...

Here are the items I ordered and installed:

Napoleon TravelQ PRO285-BK Portable Propane Gas Grill, Black

Napoleon-66287 RV Adaptor Kit for all TravelQ 285 Series

DOZYANT 1/4'' RV Propane Quick Connect Fittings for Connecting Low Pressure Gas Appliance Heater Grill Fire Pit and RV Quick Connect, 1/4" Quick Key Connect Plug x 3/8" Female Flare

GASPRO 20-Foot RV Propane Quick Connect Hose with Safety Shutoff Valve, 1/4-Inch Propane Extension Hose for Camper, Low Pressure

SHINESTAR 1/4inch RV Propane Quick Connect Y Splitter Adapter for RV Trailer and Quick Connect Propane Hose Connect to Motorhome Tabletop Grill

The grill and RV Adapter came from Walmart (on-line) and the other components came from Amazon.

Everything went together really well... the "Low Pressure Modification Kit" has parts in it for about 3 different grills... so you can have left over parts depending on what grill you purchase.

We tried everything out this past week on our trip... WOW... so nice to be able to put my grill away from the RV and run our Outland Firebowl 893 Deluxe Outdoor Portable Firepit at the same time by using the "Y" Adapter.

The grill is wonderful... nice two burner grill, makes it easy to cook at two different temps on the side of the grill... we cooked steaks, salmon fillets, Kabobs, kielbasa sausage, and various veggies... all came out wonderful!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    I carry a20 also but also the adapter to refill the little green bottles. I carry three of them and can get 6-7 grilled meals of them before I need to refill. Refilling only takes a few minutes. I am ready to add a pressurized QD with a long hose, but my Coleman requires a major modification to remove the regulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kevin & Deb. 2021 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 Diesel SRW Platinum
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plumbed in a tee at the tanks and ran a line on my 31G. Pretty simple deal. The wife loves it for her Balckstone.

Would have been simpler if Lowes had a better selection of fittings but I made it work.

Ran the new line right beside the existing.

Ran the new line out in front of the main entry door. Secured it to one of the braces for the skirting.

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job on the plumbing!