User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an expert, but I do know a few things about LP gas, and want to offer a few words of caution to prevent fellow RVers from having problems. The green bottles are not designed to be refilled; there is no overflow valve and the canister is not thick enough to handle the repeated expansion and contraction. It's OK a few times, but gets more risky with each refill. There are refillable bottles available for those who want to be "green" without the green (bottles). Quick-connects are designed for use with low-pressure LPG; it might be OK and there is a shut-off valve, but then again... For these reasons we, too, carry a separate 20-pound tank. Not only can we put the grill wherever we want, we have a spare in case we miss a refill on the two "house tanks."
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last picture looks like you're camped a loooooooooooong ways from anything.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biery-Bullock View Post
    There are refillable bottles available for those who want to be "green" without the green (bottles).
    I haven't seen the refillable 1# bottles in a while. But there are other options, like a 1 gallon propane tank, which is about 4x the capacity of the little green bottles but not nearly as heavy to lug around like a 20 pounder.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    That last picture looks like you're camped a loooooooooooong ways from anything.
    We boondock 95% of the time. We frequent a private ranch in NW Arkansas called Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch. That's where that picture was taken. The ranch is 3000 acres. They make sure that their camping spots are quite private. We love it there. Here's a pic from a different campsite we had on that same ranch but you get the idea.

Last edited by TerryH; 07-29-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    My 230RL does not have outside grill...Anything out there on how to do this and what parts are needed?
    Thanks
    Attached are pics of what I did with our 2016 Solitude 379FL.

First, the quick-connect kit you seek is at Lowes in the lawn and garden section for under $40. It comes with a 10 foot hose with one end that is a pipe male pipe thread (I can't remember the size...1/4?). The other end is the male quick-connect-fitting. A mountable female quick-connect fitting is also included. I had already installed one of these in the outside wall of our home on the porch for our home BBQ since we use propane for heating here too.

Our Solitude has the kitchen right behind where the drop frame meets the main frame. Under the left 'appliance slide' is the main propane line for the fridge and stove. I added 'another' TEE to that line with an adapter that connects to 3/8 inch copper tubing. Using clamps, 90 degree elbows, and a flaring tool I ran the copper tubing around the drop frame to the door side for protection while using the coroplast bolts to attach the clamps. The tubing was then routed forward on the face of the main I-beam to the front side of the now unused stair box. I used a piece of scrap steel angle and self-tapping screws to fabricate a bracket with which to mount the shut-off valve and female quick-connect.

After removing the regulator from our BBQ I had to get an "adapter" fitting to connect the hose to where the regulator used to be. Our BBQ fits in a wheeled tote in the basement for travel as well as this folding cart to set it on:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25506538077...gAAOSwanFg~L9g

Please note that nothing here was cleaned since we had just gotten home when this was taken...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210729_210649676.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	35759
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210729_210711119.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	35758
    Last edited by fez111; 07-29-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12