User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    brocja01

GrandDesign Reflection Pre-Wired Camera

Hey guys, I'm posting over here for my old man as he's not very good with computers. My parents just picked up a 2015 Reflection 303rls and with the camper they picked up a Furrion FRC12TA-BL back-up camera. The camper was pre-wired for the camera and he has installed it. What we are wondering is can we get the camera to run all the time, instead of only when the truck is in reverse? I'm pretty good with electronics (IT developer by trade) and I have had a chance to look through the settings yet, but if I had to guess, the way it is wired will affect how it works.

He wants it to run the way my back-up camera on my Class A runs, all the time. That way when he's merging onto the interstate, or when he's passing an on-ramp he can keep an eye on the back of the 5-er.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are camping with them next weekend, hoping to be able to help him get it up and running correctly that weekend.

Jimfc3
    Most likely the camera is hooked up to the reverse circuit on the Rv tail lights. So it's only powered when in reverse. You would have to hook up to a full time switched positive or to the running lights (but then it will only be on with lights on).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange, Mine works all the time. I have the same camera set up with our 2015 323bhs. I just plugged it in and it worked
    Andy, Amy & Paige Zahn
    2011 duramax 2500 denali hd
    2015 Reflection 323bhs

brocja01
    I'm not 100% sure it isn't working that way. I'm going to see them next weekend for Mother Day, and we'll try and get it working then. Just wanted to ping you guys to see if there was something I could look at right away.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They do make two different models. One is backup only, FRC12TA-BL Backup System, and the other is a FOS48TA-BL High Speed Observation and Backup System, that runs all the time.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

hydro_man
    Just connect the wire that is connected to the back up lights to a power wire and the camera will be on all the time. Did this on the motor home we use to have so we could watch the tow car.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure wish I had this on my 2014 323BHS...I have already taken out the ladder.
    2015 Reflection 323BHS
    2014 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed a camera (not a Furrion) on my 27RL and the wiring is 12Vdc "hot" all the time even with the battery switch off. I am hoping to be able to trace it down to it's starting point so I can install a switch.
    Mike
    Mike and Margarete
    2016 27RL
    2020 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gestern1 View Post
    Just installed a camera (not a Furrion) on my 27RL and the wiring is 12Vdc "hot" all the time even with the battery switch off. I am hoping to be able to trace it down to it's starting point so I can install a switch.
    Mike
    In reference to 'hot' all the time, is that with the tow vehicle 7 way plugged in...I'm thinking power from the 12V charging line. Otherwise it should be easy to determine as there's only a few wires either directly off the positive terminal of the battery or the left hand auto-resetting circuit breaker under the plastic cover above the battery. On mine, the battery switch is wired between the left hand and right hand auto-resetting circuit breakers.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave and Monica; 05-15-2015 at 08:24 AM.
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Papa Smurf
    I must have the FOS48TA-BL version, as mine is on 24/7. When the cover was removed, from the pre-installed mount on the camper, there was a single wire there that was a mate for the wire on the camera, like an RCA cable and plug on your TV. Plugged the camera in and put the four little screws in, from the original cover.

I have been wondering about trying to find a way to power off the electric source for fear of burning out the camera before it's time. Love the camera, for both driving and parking. Was able to park the beast first time with no further parking adjustments needed. While driving, you can see the people in a hurry, coming up behind you and anticipate they are about to snatch around you for a pass. Lane changes were a breeze with the camera.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast