Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snap Pads for Stabilizers

Greetings all,

I have exhausted my search skills and am now turning to the forum. We pick up our 2021 Momentum 351M in less than a week. So excited!

I want to put snap pads on all six stabilizers and am unsure of which size I need. Being new to the whole 5th wheel world, I don't know if all 5er stabilizers are exactly the same, or if they are different depending on the rig.

Does anyone know the size of their stabilizer feet, and if I need the 6, 8, 9, or 10 inch pads for the momentum?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Carl & Jacqueline
    We R B.O.B. (Boomers on Bikes)
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2019 Ford F450 6.7L PowerStroke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We R BOB View Post
    Greetings all,

I have exhausted my search skills and am now turning to the forum. We pick up our 2021 Momentum 351M in less than a week. So excited!

I want to put snap pads on all six stabilizers and am unsure of which size I need. Being new to the whole 5th wheel world, I don't know if all 5er stabilizers are exactly the same, or if they are different depending on the rig.

Does anyone know the size of their stabilizer feet, and if I need the 6, 8, 9, or 10 inch pads for the momentum?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Should be 9" round.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Should be 9" round.
    I think that's right - same as my rig.

Etrailer has them - https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Jack-Pad...d/SP54FR6.html

After installing the pads, you'll probably need to raise your jacks to get enough ground clearance when they're retracted.

Here are mine before I raised the jacks. I've since raised them basically 2 holes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_153817.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	35614
    signature

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Should be 9" round.
    Thank you, FSalmy. I was thinking they were the 9 inch ones, but wanted to be sure.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    I think that's right - same as my rig.

Etrailer has them - https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Jack-Pad...d/SP54FR6.html

After installing the pads, you'll probably need to raise your jacks to get enough ground clearance when they're retracted.

Here are mine before I raised the jacks. I've since raised them basically 2 holes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210610_153817.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	35614
    Thanks, jbbrewer. For confirming the size, and for the tip on needing to raise them up a bit. I was thinking I would probably need to do that, and 2 holes sounds about what I had in mind.
    Carl & Jacqueline
    2020 Momentum 349M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do snap pads really serve any useful purpose? OK, they give you a stable surface for the stabilizer jacks, but the feet on the jacks do that. I've used Linx blocks for years with good results and no worry about being ripped off by some thief.
    Asking for a friend.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    Do snap pads really serve any useful purpose? OK, they give you a stable surface for the stabilizer jacks, but the feet on the jacks do that. I've used Linx blocks for years with good results and no worry about being ripped off by some thief.
    Asking for a friend.
    I've not found any advantage besides not having to mess with boards or blocks or anything else. Not having to deal with wet, slimy boards or blocks makes them worth their cost. Install em and forget em. Everyone I camp with has them now.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, some RV parks don't want the steel feet of the levelers directly on their concrete surfaces.

The reason I got them is they provide a little broader/softer footprint. I boondock a lot and the extra size helps keep from driving the feet into soft soil/sand. Kind of on the downside, they do create an area for dirt to accumulate, so I have to spray them out from time to time.

I had the Linx blocks for my former toy hauler. They were ok until they started breaking in half after 4-5 years - probably from driving them into soft ground. Certainly you wouldn't have to worry about a thief stealing those - who'd want them?

Personally, I wouldn't mess with any thief who can pull the snap pads off of my rig.

Asking for a friend.
    Umm hmm .. .
    signature

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Anderson magnetic buckets when full timing it in Texas on concrete RV pads. We also use them if we travel in the summer for longer than a week.
    The landing gear don't extend as far and gives superior stability, so much that we have done away with our king pin tripod.

File photo:

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody know the snap pad size for a 2020 367 BHS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast