User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post

It took longer to get everything up on the roof for me to work than it did to apply the Eternabond!

All in all, it took me less than an hour to do both the back and front.
    Curious as to how far you came down the vertical side surfaces. Any pics of those areas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    Curious as to how far you came down the vertical side surfaces. Any pics of those areas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ugh, no pictures of that, but on the sides, I can down to the top of the gutter. For the back, I didn't come down at all, so the Eternabond is adhered to the top metal flange, about 1/16" of aluminum.

For the front, it's attached to both the lap sealant and the front cap itself.

Hope the descriptions help. If not, I'll try to get out there and snap a few pictures.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Mark - I've had several roof issues (lousy dealer) that were not totally the fault of GD. I have used Flex Seal around all the vents, and where the front and rear part of the roof meet the aluminum trim. I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did for a more permanent repair. Did you shop around any place other than Amazon? Just curious if they sell it in 25' rolls and if they make a tan color which would better match my roof. Thanks.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Hello Mark - I've had several roof issues (lousy dealer) that were not totally the fault of GD. I have used Flex Seal around all the vents, and where the front and rear part of the roof meet the aluminum trim. I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did for a more permanent repair. Did you shop around any place other than Amazon? Just curious if they sell it in 25' rolls and if they make a tan color which would better match my roof. Thanks.
    Yes Eternabond sells tan colored Flex Tape. I did shop around a little bit, but, as a Prime member, Amazon was the best shipping and price.

You can purchase directly from Eternabond as well to get the length and color you want. I bought the 6"x50' white roll as that matched my roof.

The next time, I'll meet use acetone from Lowe's, to clean the area I'm going to apply the tape... It is cheaper.

As for the primer, I used it when I started the tape, then forgot about it because I was concentrating on keeping it straight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Yes Eternabond sells tan colored Flex Tape. I did shop around a little bit, but, as a Prime member, Amazon was the best shipping and price.

You can purchase directly from Eternabond as well to get the length and color you want. I bought the 6"x50' white roll as that matched my roof.

The next time, I'll meet use acetone from Lowe's, to clean the area I'm going to apply the tape... It is cheaper.

As for the primer, I used it when I started the tape, then forgot about it because I was concentrating on keeping it straight.

Thanks Mark. I went to the Eternabond site and a 25' x 6" roll is $10 more than a 50' x 6" roll on Amazon. Like you, we are prime members and free shipping is attractive.

We have an older Reflection with the tan roof so I want to match that as closely as possible. And I appreciate the install tips.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Did you pull up the old sealant or just tape over it? I've been wanting to do this as well. Where did you get the cleaner, amazon?
    Removing ALL of the old sealant and caulk is the proper way to install it. I had the same gaps in the rear when my rig was brand new... Cleaned it with acetone and used non leveling lap sealant (NOT self leveling) to fill any gaps. Smooth with a wet putty knife and all was fixed.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Removing ALL of the old sealant and caulk is the proper way to install it. I had the same gaps in the rear when my rig was brand new... Cleaned it with acetone and used non leveling lap sealant (NOT self leveling) to fill any gaps. Smooth with a wet putty knife and all was fixed.
    I agree, removing all the old caulk is the correct way to do it. I'm just lazy. [emoji2957]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, Alpha systems makes the TPI roofing ony Solitude, and perhaps other GD products. They sell their own seam tape that does not require the use of a primer on TPO roofing.

Alpha allows the use of eternabond but either recommends or requires a primer... can't recall which.

The long and short of this is that Alpha systems roof tape is easier to apply because there is less prep. It is available at Amazon.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it would void any roof warranty?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    I wonder if it would void any roof warranty?
    Imo if a person is doing this type of maintenance they will not need any warranty

If GD or anyone had an issue with my taping or caulking regularly they would quickly be set straight

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast