User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another water heater not working

I have a 2018 351-M and I can't get hot water to come out. Checked the outside faucets and they are closed. Tried propane and electric and I do not hear the WH come on. I checked the connections and they all seem secure. I released some water and it was hot from the valve.

It was working fine up until yesterday when I tried to do the dishes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when releasing water through the relief valve, it is hot? Wouldn't that indicate it is working. Maybe the check valve on the back of it failed if the hot water isnt going to your system?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    So when releasing water through the relief valve, it is hot? Wouldn't that indicate it is working. Maybe the check valve on the back of it failed if the hot water isnt going to your system?

Yes...it was hot coming out of the release valve. I did call into GD and they said to look at the check valve on the back. He said that would be on the back of the WH inside the coach. I can not find that check valve and I have been emptying things out to see where it might be. No idea where it is to try.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the false wall in the basement and you should see the water heater.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Remove the false wall in the basement and you should see the water heater.

Thanks....off to see if I can find it there.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK.....By the filter and the Natulis (sp?) control panel there were two valves there with PVC piping. One was a red handle and the other was a blue handle. When I turned the red handle hot water was released under the coach. When I turned the blue handle cold water released under the coach. I have the heater on to see if the water will reheat up again. Still not getting hot water out of my spigots in the coach although it is slightly warmer than the cold water but not by much.

Aggggghhhhhh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.....did some further testing and I think its the check valve is the issue. It is in fact behind the panel. The red valve I released is nothing more than the low point for hot water release.

Time for a mobile guy

Thanks for the help

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure your Nautilus valves are in the correct position. The red one is the water heater bypass for winterizing. If everything is good, then I would focus on the check valve.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK......Still couldn't get any hot water after draining everything and so forth. SO....my last gasp at solving this was to remove my water regulator. The flow of water was pretty low. I usually just deal with it. I hooked back up the water which of course had more pressure and walla......the hot water started flowing again. I guess its possible that some calcium or sediment had built up to a certain point that was blocking the hot water flow. It is now working great again. By the way.....I do not know what the pressure is from the city water but it isn't extreme as to concern me. I am going to go buy a new water regulator today but I think my problem is solved....at least for now

I did call back GD to get their opinion of this and they said it is quite possible on the sediment or calcium buildup being an issue.

Thanks again for the input. Off to do the dishes now....lol

EDIT.....I did make sure all my valves were in the proper positions.