User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best use of the rear tall cabinets (Solitude 378MBS)

I'd love to hear suggestions on how best to utilize the cabinet space at the rear of the 378MBS. They are tall cabinets with no shelves.

Did you add shelves? Maybe just use stacked bins? Or do you just put really large items there?

I'm not yet sure how to best utilize that space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230812_172911.jpg  

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to me like three of the doors are glass. I certainly wouldn't put anything heavy in there. If you use the fold-out bed you could put the bedding up there.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only light stuff while travelling. TP, paper towel, napkins, reusable grocery bags, soft sided cooler. Extra blankets and pillows and rags are also good. Light food like celeal boxes. Bike helmets. I also leave one of them empty while in transit and store bottled water in it after we set up. I transport four gallons of water (and a couple bottles of wine) in a milk crate under the table and move it to the cabinet during set-up.
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like above, blankets, pillows, furniture throws, dog toys campfire lighters etc. Even at that, I have reinforced the cabinets. They are too flimsy with the bouncing that goes on at the rear to put anything heavier back there.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the others, I think those rear cabinets are too fragile for anything heavy, so paper towels, extra TP (never know when the next shortage might be), spare covers and couch throws. I actually stored the instant pot up there on one end for awhile, but have moved that to the pantry. It did OK in the end cabinet where there is more support, but why take a chance?
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same setup in the 310, and same answer as most here - light stuff only, extra blankets, towels, TP, other misc bathroom items, my soft cooler bags for groceries/shopping, hiking packs, etc.
    I'm thinking about adding a shelf behind each of the two outer doors to provide a little better organization this winter, maybe...
    For the misc smaller items, we have several soft-side baskets - I think they are toy bins from Aldi.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R