User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One drop light over kitchen island goes on/off/dim

This drop down was replaced under by the dealer (I had no problem with it but the LED string over the island was blinking or out and that is a different circuit). Dealer said they found a short in the wiring for another light (presuming the one they replaced) and my antennae went up. Last night I flicked the two lights on for the first time in two weeks and it wouldn't light. Pushed the bulb up and it was fine. I've tried known good bulbs and they all dim/go out then back on. Hate to think what a replacement would cost and I sure don't want to take it back to the dealer - I didn't authorize its replacement in the first place. Let's just say LEDs and I just don't get along - think Christmas light strings.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    This drop down was replaced under by the dealer (I had no problem with it but the LED string over the island was blinking or out and that is a different circuit). Dealer said they found a short in the wiring for another light (presuming the one they replaced) and my antennae went up. Last night I flicked the two lights on for the first time in two weeks and it wouldn't light. Pushed the bulb up and it was fine. I've tried known good bulbs and they all dim/go out then back on. Hate to think what a replacement would cost and I sure don't want to take it back to the dealer - I didn't authorize its replacement in the first place. Let's just say LEDs and I just don't get along - think Christmas light strings.
    Doesn't sound like the LED is the problem but the wiring or possibly the fixture itself. A short in the wiring is a defect of the RV manufacturer. In my last trailer I replaced all the bulbs with LED and my batteries lasted twice as long on a charge after that swap. The LED bulbs in my new coach will not need replacing until after I die.
    2023 Reflection 150, Model 280RS
    Tow Vehicle - 2022 Ram 2500

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ocbizman1 View Post
    Doesn't sound like the LED is the problem but the wiring or possibly the fixture itself. A short in the wiring is a defect of the RV manufacturer. In my last trailer I replaced all the bulbs with LED and my batteries lasted twice as long on a charge after that swap. The LED bulbs in my new coach will not need replacing until after I die.
    I'm suspicious of the wiring and fixture as it was replaced (it was working fine) when dealer tech found insulation missing on 'other' wires while replacing the entire LED string assembly above it.

I'm thinking it is an intermittent voltage loss - sometimes it just goes dim. But it's hard to see how this would occur when parked and stationary.
    Last edited by ajg617; 10-10-2023 at 04:21 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays