User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear leveling jacks won’t go down

We have a 2020 GD Solitude with the 6 point auto leveling system. Have never had a problem until parking this afternoon. The campsite is NOT level from front to back, but i unhooked anyway and hit the “auto-level” button. The front jacks start retracting and the front of the camper goes down (as usual). It pretty much bottoms out but doesn’t give an error (meaning the front of the camper is all the way down as close to the ground as it can go. At that point i expected the rear jacks to go down and at least stabilize, but the rear jacks won’t do down AT ALL. They just sit there and the system ultimately “times out”. I tried putting the rear jacks down with the control panel without going through the auto level but they wouldn’t go down.
    I’m hoping that the system is not working due to the site being too unloved and the front not being able to get low enough. the camper is actually level front to back and side to side even though the rear and middle jacks won’t go down. We are okay for the night, but tomorrow we will need to use the entire system. Hopefully it will work, but wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like the site is to unlevel and the system is still trying to retract the front jacks more. I would try to move the camper somewhere else, more level or not so high in the front of the site and try it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, turns out I was able to manually lower the rear jacks fro. The Lippert keypad by going into manual mode. In the end it looks like the camp site was so unlevel (front to back) that the nose of the camper couldn't go "low enough" during the auto level process so it would just time out. We are at a new location and the site is level. Thw auto level and all jacks work properly. Thanks for the advice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had identical problem, replaced front right hydraulic cartridge valve on the jack, about a 15 min job and it fixed this issue and two other hydraulic issues (e.g. jacks would retract when I brought slides in, etc). Here's the part: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a video on it: https://changinglanesrv.com/rv-travel-day-problems/

No special skills required and the jack will not spray hydraulic fluid everywhere (which I thought it might).
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 07-24-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW