Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom slide letting light in.

Our bedroom slide is letting light in from around the seal at the front lower corner of the slide when the slide is extended. Looks like the rubber seals are not doing there job. We are worried about bees or other insects coming in through this. Had it in to the dealer for this and other small items and they said that the gaps are there by design. No fault found. I can't believe this. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a BS answer to me. I just looked at mine and, unless I'm not looking where you describe, I certainly don't see any light or opening. I'd contact GD customer support or post this in the tech corner and Janice will get back to you. Make sure you provide your VIN either way.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Schwintek in wall drive system. You could try re-timing it as described in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSafAnjxIV4

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide is out when this shows up. It' like it is missing a piece of rubber seal.

gshiner

bedroom slide letting light in

Quote Originally Posted by jla_vernon View Post
    The slide is out when this shows up. It' like it is missing a piece of rubber seal.
    yes, we just bought a Reflection in January 2015. It does have this gap allowing light in on both sides of the bed. My first thought was a piece of seal missing, but both sides?? Have you any new info as to fix??

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gshiner View Post
    yes, we just bought a Reflection in January 2015. It does have this gap allowing light in on both sides of the bed. My first thought was a piece of seal missing, but both sides?? Have you any new info as to fix??
    We just picked it up today from the dealer. Had a few minor items taken care of. There is less light coming through now. They said that GD says it is for water run off from the slide. It is a lot less light now. Just part of the seal not in the right spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a small space in the BR slide of my 323 BHS that I found during PDI letting light in. The tech ran the slide in and out partially then said the seal was not aligned correctly. They took care of it before I took delivery, no light at all on any of them now.

gshiner

light in bed slide area

Quote Originally Posted by jla_vernon View Post
    We just picked it up today from the dealer. Had a few minor items taken care of. There is less light coming through now. They said that GD says it is for water run off from the slide. It is a lot less light now. Just part of the seal not in the right spot.
    thanks for your reply. Here is what I just got from GD, might be your complete answer to this problem as well.
    -Corner cups need to be added to the underside of the slide out. I will need the last 6 of the VIN# so I can send these to you.

JD Adams
    Regional Service Manager
    Grand Design RV
    13861 County Road 4
    Bristol,IN 46507
    Office 574.825.9679
    Fax 574.825.9249

Jannnan
    Let me just say this, most dealers don't want to deal with adjusting slides. We had an issue during PDI and went back and forth with the dealer and GD to get it done. You have to stay on the dealers when you know that something is not right. I'd hope that all dealers would strive to please the customer more, I'd also like to see GD be more proactive with their dealers.