User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greasing suspension

Hi. Got my 2021 31MB in June of 2020. Yesterday I greased the suspension. Yes, I realize I should have greased it at the end of the season last year, but it didin't see to many miles. The rear most hangers took grease into the zirc, but it did not come out anywhere (used a nail to push the zirc in and the grease I forced in came out). Some of the rest had grease come out both sides, but most only on the side of the zirc. I assume the back ones have problems, but what about the rest? Thanks!
    2021 GD 31MB; 2022 F350 Rapid Red, Lariat Ultimate Package, CCSB, 4x4, 6.7 Powerstroke, B&W 20K Patriot slider

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on the orientation of the grease hole, you may have to unload the suspension to allow the grease to escape the bolt. If grease is coming out the side of the zerk
    it's possible your grease gun may not be sealing tight enough, or the zerks are simple press fit and not screw in, and are allowing grease out the sides. Usually this is followed
    shortly by the zerk coming out when you pull the grease gun away. Check to make sure the zerks are screwed in tight.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grease zircs are tight. I should have been more specific and said that Greece is coming out between the spring and the hanger but only on one side.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not unusual, rarely does the grease come out evenly around the pin being greased.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S