User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you experienced a Sailun tire failure?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

2 10.00%
  • NO

18 90.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI... I called TBC Distributors (Sailun distributor for U.S.) to confirm the Vietnam info and find out if they are aware of failures since the change, since I am getting ready to buy 6 more.

Yes, some tire sizes (including 235/85R16) are now made in Vietnam to avoid China Tariffs. They are not aware of an up-tic in failures but did say they will only know if the dealers who sold them get them back and send them back to TBC/Sailun for inspection.

She also added, Walmart is NOT an authorized dealer and no telling what they do with failure/returns so they (TBC) may not know about failures of Walmart sold tires.

She says SimpleTire & Tire Rack are official dealers.

So.... those of you with failures, please report them to your place of purchase so they can forward that info to TBC/Sailun.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This is right in alignment with what the folks on the Montana forum reported. Failures are from the May 2021 time frame and with tires manufactured in Viet Nam.

Can you give us your date code and where they were manufactured?
    Sorry about the delay... date codes for my two failures are 37/20. Made in Vietnam.

I had to buy a single replacement on the road + use my spare Westlake. The replacement was also a Sailun S637 from Les Schwab in NV. That one is also Made in Vietnam with a date code of 16/21. Then when I got back home and was able to get my two blown tires replaced under warranty I received two 39/20 date coded tires. Also made in Vietnam. Local warehouse seems to have older stock which I am little leery of.
    2022 F450 Lariat
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmfan View Post
    Sorry about the delay... date codes for my two failures are 37/20. Made in Vietnam.

I had to buy a single replacement on the road + use my spare Westlake. The replacement was also a Sailun S637 from Les Schwab in NV. That one is also Made in Vietnam with a date code of 16/21. Then when I got back home and was able to get my two blown tires replaced under warranty I received two 39/20 date coded tires. Also made in Vietnam. Local warehouse seems to have older stock which I am little leery of.
    Thanks, jdmfan. That's the same time period of some reported over on the Montana forum. If it's any consolation, someone there got in touch with the parent company of Sailun and they reimbursed them for the tire(s).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Just an FYI... I called TBC Distributors (Sailun distributor for U.S.) to confirm the Vietnam info and find out if they are aware of failures since the change, since I am getting ready to buy 6 more.

Yes, some tire sizes (including 235/85R16) are now made in Vietnam to avoid China Tariffs. They are not aware of an up-tic in failures but did say they will only know if the dealers who sold them get them back and send them back to TBC/Sailun for inspection.

She also added, Walmart is NOT an authorized dealer and no telling what they do with failure/returns so they (TBC) may not know about failures of Walmart sold tires.

She says SimpleTire & Tire Rack are official dealers.

So.... those of you with failures, please report them to your place of purchase so they can forward that info to TBC/Sailun.
    Most of ST tires (more than 80%) sold in USA are made in China or any other country to be more competitive in the market, so you can find most those ST tires made in the overseas. I can say that any can be assure if mount a good quality tires like Goodyear, Carlisle, or in my case the new Hankook ST, that some of them are made in Korea, some other in China, and Indonesia, but the quality of those good brand name will gives you more confidence than any other Chinese brand in the market, since Hankook that is a Korean manufacturer, or even Carlisle is USA, they made in China with their own factory and technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Built 23/20 in Vietnam. Less than a year old , 7080 miles. Caught it before it blew the cap off. Pics in a different thread “ Sailun reboot”.
    Charlie
    Last edited by cfowler55; 10-12-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Yup. Built 23/20 in Vietnam. Less than a year old , 7080 miles. Caught it before it blew the cap off. Pics in a different thread “ Sailun reboot”.
    Charlie
    Too bad. They were such a good option for so long.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m cross posting in two threads. Just had another Sailun fail less than 500 miles after the first one. Less than one year old , 7500 miles on this one.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks!

Isn’t that date code June of 2020?

My new ones are Just a couple months old so hopefully they have fixed something.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    That really sucks!

Isn’t that date code June of 2020?

My new ones are Just a couple months old so hopefully they have fixed something.
    Correct. 50% failure rate in less than 12 months. They were aired to 105 before we left , and I run TPMS with temp readout. Typical speed is 63 - 65 MPH. I really hope these issues have been corrected and you get better service than I did.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out this morning via a Facebook post that Sailun is doing a recall on some ST tires. Recall details at blob:https://www.nhtsa.gov/c65b97b6-d259-...9-095277a9339e
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast