User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hose problem that bothers me.

On my last outing, I found something that bothers me.

While working in the wet bay at the panel, I noticed that the blue inlet hose seemed to be pulled against the edge of the through hole. This is the upper hose that goes into the water filter. When I carefully pulled it away from the edge, it looks almost cut through. Upon closer inspection, it is not cut, but sharply creased. I suspect this is a problem in the making.
    I want to replace this, but my plumbing knowledge is a bit lacking. My mechanical skills are fine, but I am not sure how to approach this.

My thought is to cut the hose just behind the panel and hard pipe it with brass fittings to the filter. I am not sure how to adapt the Brass to the hose? I don’t want to reduce the flow, so maybe I just need an entire hose replacement with something longer to make it not so tight in the hole (with a grommet)?

I don't know if this is a common issue or not. Any ideas or input is appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-310GK1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	35632

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-310GK2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	35633

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bicycle tube patch on the hose at the crease? Will give some padding with little effort. I'm of the KISS philosophy.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would replace that section od PEX hose, enlarge the opening for the hose and add something like a rubber grommet to protect the hose. But that's just me. I work on boats for a living and I'm conditioned when I look at something to ask, "What can possibly go wrong with that? I make a lot of money off of people who just want to patch it for the day and I'll correct it later. It never gets done.

I'm of the fix it once fix it right camp.
    Last edited by BobLandry; 07-23-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would replace it with PEX as well, remove the false wall in the basement to see the backside and you can see what the project looks like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I would replace it with PEX as well, remove the false wall in the basement to see the backside and you can see what the project looks like.

Yes, I completely agree about changing it to PEX pipe. The hose that GD uses does not play nice with PEX fittings. Take a look at the backside of the Nautilus panel and check for leaks. I had to completely redo mine with PEX.

Take a look at this thread:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ebuild-started
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First; Thanks to all for the advice. I am very much for keeping things as simple as possible.

I will pull the wall and see exactly where that hose goes. I am going to have to learn how to use PEX and replace that one hose. That will provide my plumbing apprenticeship training to see if I can tackle any other plumbing issues I find. So far I have not had one single plumbing issue with this trailer. I want to dodge the bullet on this one.

I will have some time next week to pull the wall, meanwhile I'm off to the You-Tube PEX academy of knowledge....

Thanks;
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to get your PEX tool supply and training in now. This will help you WHEN one of those flexible hoses start to leak. It's a well known and discussed problem if you search the forum.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can unscrew the fitting from the filter and get 2-90 degree fittings with the correct connections to move the hose over - no cutting needed, Second measure the hole dia and go to an auto parts store and get a rubber grommet to fit - problem solved.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    You can unscrew the fitting from the filter and get 2-90 degree fittings with the correct connections to move the hose over - no cutting needed, Second measure the hole dia and go to an auto parts store and get a rubber grommet to fit - problem solved.
    This was my original thought (two 90's or two 45's), with an additional 6 inches of brass to get through the hole. Then reconnect the hose on the back.
    The real answer will come after I can properly inspect the current hose condition better. If the damage will make me loose sleep, I will goto PEX.
    I am still considering brass from the filter through the hole, then PEX after that. If it wears through the brass, I have a bigger problem. Probably a grommet to keep the vibration noise down.

I hear a lot of praise for PEX, so if I have to tear it apart, then I might as well replace the hose .

Thanks;
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    I would replace that section od PEX hose, enlarge the opening for the hose and add something like a rubber grommet to protect the hose. But that's just me. I work on boats for a living and I'm conditioned when I look at something to ask, "What can possibly go wrong with that? I make a lot of money off of people who just want to patch it for the day and I'll correct it later. It never gets done.

I'm of the fix it once fix it right camp.
    That’s not PEX but rather flex hose. That’s why it’s got a kink in it.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast