User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discussion is interesting here as though people have forgotten GD waa purchased years ago and is part of a big conglomerate.

Those of us in manufacturing are paying more for raw materials, more for utilities, more for maintenance and upgrades, and above all else, way more for labor as people are no hungry for jobs! We normally run around the clock for normally seasonal high demand - 3 shifts. My US plants are working at an average of 139% capacity trying to run through the weekend too. We cannot get enough people, little skill needed as we train, and we're paying well by industry standard. Because we cannot get enough people to run 18 to 21 shifts at straight-time, we are forced to decide do we supply less or give those we do have in employ overtime opportunity. Are costs have skyrocketed over the pandemic, and we were already is a strong economy before that. Contrary to what you may believe, we actually balance margin versus costs, and try to dampen spikes, but this isn't a spike but mountain-building, and it is on an unprecedented scale through all economic segments and considerations.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    24 inch 2x4 exterior walls with sheet Styrofoam sheathing under the clapboards
    That's the moment I'm thankful we have code and inspections during construction.

My mom's house is 100 years old, two stories with a basement, and they built it with 2x4s. I'm glad they don't do that anymore .

I wouldn't mind an extra layer of polystyrene under the clapboards, though, a bit more insulation is never a bad thing.

But I swear the size of my Klondike bars keep getting smaller.
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's fairly common, also, for food portions to cycle in size. First they shrink a bit while the price stays the same, then at the bottom of the cycle they come with a "New, larger!" size that's a bit more expensive. They're basically trying to deflect your attention from the affect of inflation on the price.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    That's the moment I'm thankful we have code and inspections during construction.

My mom's house is 100 years old, two stories with a basement, and they built it with 2x4s. I'm glad they don't do that anymore .

I wouldn't mind an extra layer of polystyrene under the clapboards, though, a bit more insulation is never a bad thing.
    BOCA code is and for a long time been exterior walls of 2x4 studs on 16" centers. The kicker is there should be an OSB or plywood sheath on the face and any additional insulation or weather barrier over that.
    2x6" exterior wall construction is generally an extra cost option.

Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's fairly common, also, for food portions to cycle in size. First they shrink a bit while the price stays the same, then at the bottom of the cycle they come with a "New, larger!" size that's a bit more expensive. They're basically trying to deflect your attention from the affect of inflation on the price.
    Being from the Philadelphia area I grew up with Breyers Ice Cream. Vanilla with the bean in it was the gold standard and nothing came close or tasted as good, not even the very rich with cream Sealtest ice cream. Time moved on, Breyers production was moved to New England but remained a regional staple. Then the brand had been sold to Unilever so the name was more or less nationalized and soon after the size of a half gallon shrunk and then shrunk again so it's now 1.5 quart container. Tastykake took a similar tack. In fact they don't even taste the same as the recipes have been changed to allow for preservation and national distribution.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    BOCA code is and for a long time been exterior walls of 2x4 studs on 16" centers. The kicker is there should be an OSB or plywood sheath on the face and any additional insulation or weather barrier over that.
    2x6" exterior wall construction is generally an extra cost option.
    Interesting! I haven't seen a house built in decades in the PNW that didn't have 2x6 exterior walls. It's entirely possible that technically 2x4 is within code, but practically the minimum R-value can't be hit without more expensive exterior insulation, so the standard is 2x6 so they can just use more inexpensive fiberglass batting.

Being from the Philadelphia area I grew up with Breyers Ice Cream.
    I used to be a big Breyer's fan up until a few years ago, when they changed their chocolate recipe. It was milk, cream, sugar, cocoa for the longest time, and then a few years back they added some ingredients to make it creamier. But I actually liked the dry texture that came from the cocoa.

These days I don't eat much ice cream but when I do, it's usually a Fred Meyer's store brand. Surprisingly, their "Presidents Choice" brand actually has a few class-leading products.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well maybe for those ( like myself ) that was able to get our camper before the 1st price increase, our value want depreciate quite as much.
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    2006 Ford F250 Diesel 6.0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall our dealer telling us that prices were going up monthly.
    We bought our 2021 315RLTS at the end of April, and now the 2022 315RLTS is listed for $5650 more than what ours was listed with the exact same options. I wonder what its going to be on 1 Aug.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRam View Post
    I recall our dealer telling us that prices were going up monthly.
    We bought our 2021 315RLTS at the end of April, and now the 2022 315RLTS is listed for $5650 more than what ours was listed with the exact same options. I wonder what its going to be on 1 Aug.
    We bought our 303RLS in February 2021. MSRP was $61,400. Looks like it’s over $69,200 now. We paid 48k. I wouldn’t buy it for over 50. That’s past my comfort zone and budget. The next price increase would put it to where I wouldn’t even look at that model.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We bought our 303RLS in February 2021. MSRP was $61,400. Looks like it’s over $69,200 now. We paid 48k. I wouldn’t buy it for over 50. That’s past my comfort zone and budget. The next price increase would put it to where I wouldn’t even look at that model.
    I had a very similar deal on a 2021 311bhs I bought last September, to see the MSRP now on that model is mind blowing to me. I cannot believe that banks are financing RV's and Trucks right now.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlpzzz View Post
    I had a very similar deal on a 2021 311bhs I bought last September, to see the MSRP now on that model is mind blowing to me. I cannot believe that banks are financing RV's and Trucks right now.
    A few months ago, USAA wasn't writing RV loans for more than $30,000. Don't know if that is still the case.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Borrowing money is almost free right now. I keep hearing people say that the interest rates are going to go up so borrow while you can. I'm not sure the Fed can raise the interest rates. If the interest rate goes up, it increases the cost to service the national debt. This year it is spending 9% of revenue on interest for the debt. Usually high inflation is followed by high interest rates but not sure that is going to be the case anymore.

As long as interest rates stay low, people will likely continue to make large purchases, including RVs. If the interest rate rise to match inflation, then I could see demand crash pretty quick.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast