https://www.amazon.ca/Tightener-Anti...94214556&psc=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 710ceUJ7TfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    A friend put a carrier on the back of his 5er and did like the side-to-side wobble. He added two receivers just welded to the frame giving him 3 receivers. I don't know if that increases the payload but stop the side-to-side wobble.
    I also use the Harbor Freight rack and it wobbles more than I like but I don't understand your friends solution. How does adding two receivers to the frame solve this problem? I can't picture the set up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    I also use the Harbor Freight rack and it wobbles more than I like but I don't understand your friends solution. How does adding two receivers to the frame solve this problem? I can't picture the set up.
    On each of the two RV frame rails he had a just the receiver welded to the rail not a complete hitch. Then he put the tongue part on the bottom of the tray and adjusted till it line up on the receivers on the frame. If you look at the Idaho Totes uses something similar to attach the larger totes to back of RV.

PS I did find in my state the Idaho Tote was considered a trailer if you use pins to attach to the RV but use bolts it considered a part of the RV and doesn't count as double/triple tow.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 27rl has a 300lb limit. We put the Harbor freight on, as discussed above, then I put a bar on each side to stabilize it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstschreck View Post
    Our 27rl has a 300lb limit. We put the Harbor freight on, as discussed above, then I put a bar on each side to stabilize it.
    Same thing here. Got a couple of these:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and put one toward the outside edge of the hitch under the trailer and then a couple 2" extensions to go out under the carrier. Rock solid and doesn't wobble. I keep it well under the 300 pounds. Just use it for bulky things like the patio mat, power cord, etc.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_8542.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	35786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_8541.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	35787
    Terry, Patty, Sophie (Great Pyrenees) and Tessa (German Shep/Pyr Mix)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS
    2021 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.75' bed /6.7L Diesel/3.55 electronic locking axle

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better safe than sorry.

Have a 2019 Reflection 5th wheel 35.5 ft. I added a custom carrier/basket that i had made at a welding shop. It is specifically designed to fit my generator and fuel cans with padlock security for all. The basket has three receiver hitches on it, left - right - and center. My Reflection already had a center receiver stock from GD. I had a welder add two receivers to the Reflection (left side and right side) so it now has three receivers. Basket weighs about 100-125lbs. IN watching the basket in my review camera, there is almost ZERO bounce on the basket so dynamic weight considerations are minimal. The basket and the receiver hitch connection are very stout.

The basket carries: Honda 3000 generator (130lbs), Fuel (50 lbs), assorted items (50-100lbs)

Hope that helps.

Bob Wise

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexmahon View Post
    I'm looking to hitch up a cargo carrier with a 110 lb generator on it for a total of about 150 lbs. to the receiver on the back. Does anyone know what a 2020 Reflection 29rs receiver is rated for? And also anyone have any experience with cargo carriers/with a generator on they're rigs Thanks
    You have received some good input regarding the capacity and sturdiness of the receiver and rear of your camper. Another thing to consider is how this affects your pin/tongue weight. Your RV is like teeter totter, when weight is placed on the far end it becomes lighter on the opposite end. Regardless if it is a conventional receiver hitch trailer or a 5th wheel pin hitch you need to know how you are impacting these weights. An easy method is to purchase a Sherline scale that allows you to measure these weights whenever you want. They are small in size and cost about $180, small cost to make sure you’re weight is distributed appropriately for safe towing. The rule of thumb for a 5th wheel trailer is around 20%-25% of total loaded trailer weight should be your hitch pin weight. On a bumper or conventional trailer hitch the rule of thumb is 10%-15-% of total loaded trailer weight, handling will be much better approaching the 15% range.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexmahon View Post
    After searching a little more on line I'm having a hard time finding one hitch mounted carrier that mentions anything about being used on an RV. The one I purchased...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFTGFSB...roduct_details... didn't say anything about use on an RV, but when I read the instructions that came with it, it said NOT recommended for use on an RV.
    I have that same carrier for a couple of years now. First I had it om my Reflection and now on my Solitude. I have one of those hitch clamps, so there is very little movement. I have on it a Champion 3400W gas powered generator. I don't know how much it weights, but I can lift it up from the ground and put it on the carrier myself although it is not a fun job.
    The hitch is rated at 300# hitch weight and 3000# trailer weight.
    Last edited by Malco1; 07-31-2021 at 11:25 PM.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    You have received some good input regarding the capacity and sturdiness of the receiver and rear of your camper. Another thing to consider is how this affects your pin/tongue weight. Your RV is like teeter totter, when weight is placed on the far end it becomes lighter on the opposite end. Regardless if it is a conventional receiver hitch trailer or a 5th wheel pin hitch you need to know how you are impacting these weights. An easy method is to purchase a Sherline scale that allows you to measure these weights whenever you want. They are small in size and cost about $180, small cost to make sure you’re weight is distributed appropriately for safe towing. The rule of thumb for a 5th wheel trailer is around 20%-25% of total loaded trailer weight should be your hitch pin weight. On a bumper or conventional trailer hitch the rule of thumb is 10%-15-% of total loaded trailer weight, handling will be much better approaching the 15% range.

Good luck.
    It is east to figure out the the affect on the on the tongue or pin weight all you have to know weight of the carrier and it's contents. My carrier weights 30# and lets say the generator weights 100# and maybe 10 extra lbs for the covering and hold downs. 140lbs times the distance to the center of the wheels. That times the distance from the center of the pin or tongue should be equal. So lets say 140 * 15' = 2100 now lets say the distance from the pin to the center of the wheels is 25' * X = 2100 so X=84lbs.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Cargo...er/e98872.html
    this is the cargo tray I use to carry about 30 pounds. one of the questions asked concerns a 5th wheel and a reference to another tray was given...
    https://www.etrailer.com/p-MT70107.html
    295RL & 2X4 F250 XL Ext Cab LB w/3880 CCC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast