User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted our gen on the front. Only need to remove it for an oil change. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	35995
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what the Manual for my 29RS says:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hitch on 29RS.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	36006

Like othesr have said, I would be worried about the weight of that thing flopping up and down.
    Sounds like maybe a robust reinforcement would be a good thing.
    Please let me know what you wind up doing as I have the same rig.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Here is what the Manual for my 29RS says:

Name:	Hitch on 29RS.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	36006

Like othesr have said, I would be worried about the weight of that thing flopping up and down.
    Sounds like maybe a robust reinforcement would be a good thing.
    Please let me know what you wind up doing as I have the same rig.
    I bailed on my plans for cargo carrier and a 4500w Westinghouse generator because I just didn't want to be thinking about another potential problem while travelling. I ended up getting 2 Westinghouse 2200/2500 gens from Sam's Club. By the way they are on sale right now till the end of today. $599. down to $399. So for less money I got more power and ability to manipulate where I want to put the extra weight. I also am still thinking on the MicroAir soft start too. Not sure if I really need one though with the extra generator.
    On another subject, just wondering what your payload is on your truck. With my 29rs and my 2014 F250 Ford 6.7 diesel I'm right at the limit on my payload. Just curious, thanks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexmahon View Post
    I bailed on my plans for cargo carrier and a 4500w Westinghouse generator because I just didn't want to be thinking about another potential problem while travelling. I ended up getting 2 Westinghouse 2200/2500 gens from Sam's Club. By the way they are on sale right now till the end of today. $599. down to $399. So for less money I got more power and ability to manipulate where I want to put the extra weight. I also am still thinking on the MicroAir soft start too. Not sure if I really need one though with the extra generator.
    On another subject, just wondering what your payload is on your truck. With my 29rs and my 2014 F250 Ford 6.7 diesel I'm right at the limit on my payload. Just curious, thanks.
    I'm right there with you. We were looking at a 303 originally but the pin weight was going to push us over the top so we stepped back a bit and went with the 29RS. The sales brochures on these trucks are really really misleading. The difference between what the capability chart and the yellow door sticker was quite a bit. I really need to get to the CAT scales and get some real numbers on this set up so I can have it handy when asked the questions.
    My last rig was a 28ft Super Light 5th wheel from Forrest River and I was pulling it with a Tundra so I know all about overloading a truck. We did not want to go through that again so we bought the GMC 2500 thinking "this could do anything we want". Boy was I surprised when I started looking at new 5th wheels. It is amazing to me how many people tow way over their limits. I was one of them for 12 years but no more. We also looked at the legal liability if we were involved in an accident while overloaded. It was a real eye opener for us. I'm not preaching to others on what they should or should not do, but as for me, Been there done that.......

Have a great weekend!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I'm right there with you. We were looking at a 303 originally but the pin weight was going to push us over the top so we stepped back a bit and went with the 29RS. The sales brochures on these trucks are really really misleading. The difference between what the capability chart and the yellow door sticker was quite a bit. I really need to get to the CAT scales and get some real numbers on this set up so I can have it handy when asked the questions.
    My last rig was a 28ft Super Light 5th wheel from Forrest River and I was pulling it with a Tundra so I know all about overloading a truck. We did not want to go through that again so we bought the GMC 2500 thinking "this could do anything we want". Boy was I surprised when I started looking at new 5th wheels. It is amazing to me how many people tow way over their limits. I was one of them for 12 years but no more. We also looked at the legal liability if we were involved in an accident while overloaded. It was a real eye opener for us. I'm not preaching to others on what they should or should not do, but as for me, Been there done that.......

Have a great weekend!
    Yes, not only are the truck brochures way off (mine by about 1000 lbs.), but also the RV brochures are the same. My 29rs went up 100 lbs. on my spec sheet vs the brochure. Not a lot but still another 100 unaccounted for lbs of weight.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to hitch up a cargo carrier with a 110 lb generator on it for a total of about 150 lbs. to the receiver on the back. Does anyone know what a 2020 Reflection 29rs receiver is rated for? And also anyone have any experience with cargo carriers/with a generator on they're rigs Thanks
    FYI...if you look on the receiver hitch itself there is a tag that has the information you are asking. 300# load on the hitch 3000# towing. Belt and suspenders.... you'll notice a lot of slop with these receivers. I sleeved mine with a piece of copper sheet to make tighter fit. Also DRSmart pointed out in post #11 an acorn clamp to tighten it up. You could probably find one of these at an electrical supply house for much less.

Name:	00T0T_bUVpRf9V5Iyz_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	36043
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 08-14-2021 at 03:43 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    FYI...if you look on the receiver hitch itself there is a tag that has the information you are asking. 300# load on the hitch 3000# towing. Belt and suspenders.... you'll notice a lot of slop with these receivers. I sleeved mine with a piece of copper sheet to make tighter fit. Also DRSmart pointed out in post #11 an acorn clamp to tighten it up. You could probably find one of these at an electrical supply house for much less.

Name:	00T0T_bUVpRf9V5Iyz_0pO0jm_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	36043
    Check out Lane Hog comments in reply #8 , the further out you put a load, the more stress it will induce. 50# on the hitch isn't the same as 50# five or six feet out from the hitch. One thing I didn't care for is the 3/16" metal used on the hitch and surrounding supports. No wonder its only rated at 300#.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Lane Hog comments in reply #8 , the further out you put a load, the more stress it will induce. 50# on the hitch isn't the same as 50# five or six feet out from the hitch. One thing I didn't care for is the 3/16" metal used on the hitch and surrounding supports. No wonder its only rated at 300#.
    That was all taken into consideration when I built the carry tray. The aluminum box with aluminum trey holds the wood blocks and chocks for leveling and blocking. The plastic box attached with a framework of aluminum uni-strut holds all the septic paraphernalia. One reason I built it was somebody at sometime without telling me either backed up or bumped the rear of the trailer leaving an indent in the fiberglass and lower molding. This way there is more to hit and cushion before damage is done. That is when you appreciate when they used to put bumpers on trailers.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread looks like a good place to ask for advice.
    My 400W solar let me down recently at Glacier NP due to all the trees, so it looks like a generator may be in our future. I'm thinking about 3k W so about 90-100 lbs.
    It would be nice to be able to roll it up and down vs. lifting as I get older and already have back issues. The motorcycle carrier peaked my curiosity as I assume they tilt for loading and unloading?
    Any ideas on something like this?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    This thread looks like a good place to ask for advice.
    My 400W solar let me down recently at Glacier NP due to all the trees, so it looks like a generator may be in our future. I'm thinking about 3k W so about 90-100 lbs.
    It would be nice to be able to roll it up and down vs. lifting as I get older and already have back issues. The motorcycle carrier peaked my curiosity as I assume they tilt for loading and unloading?
    Any ideas on something like this?
    There are a number of popular hitch mounted carriers for powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters and the like that would be applicable for a generator. There are a number of threads here with pictures about hitch carriage of generators, some awesome ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast