User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagler View Post
    We are having same problem although it works on propane but not electric. Dometic sent a new motherboard but it didn’t help. I’m confused by you saying a bad one would read 12 v. Isn’t the water heater a 12v? So what would a good one read? Also my husband hasn’t been able to pull that thingy you posted a link to out of the water heater. Any suggestions on how to remove it without damaging anything else? Thanks
    I doubt it is the thermocouples in this case. That shuts down both sides (gas and electric). You may have a bad heating element
    2020 Ram CTD 2500 SC SB
    2021 Reflection 260RD
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmtaylor View Post
    I doubt it is the thermocouples in this case. That shuts down both sides (gas and electric). You may have a bad heating element
    Thanks. My husband was suspicious that could be it. Looks like we make an appointment with the dealer. It’s still under warranty.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it’s a Dometic/Atwood water heater the warranty is 2 years. No need to bring it to a dealer. A mobile RV tech is better than taking it to a dealership and waiting weeks to get it fixed. Plus no gas to drag it over there.

Grand Design will authorize a mobile tech and so will Dometic/Atwood. The worst case it it will cost you trip charge of about $80-$100 and rest, parts and labor will be laid by FD or Dometic/Atwood. Call GD and open a case.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just had this issue and replaced the Hot Water Thermostat
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08P7N7W...roduct_details
    heater not working with electric or gas.
    easy fix once I got the part.
    I have a spare now too!
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12