User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy to have the propane quick-connect. I've converted Coleman, Napoleon, and Weber grills to accept quick-connect. Only the Napoleon needed some fitting MacGuyver'ing. I also added quick-connects to the regulators I removed from these grills...so I can still connect a tank directly.

I've also converted an Outland Firebowl to quick-connect. The propane fire bowls can draw way more BTU's than a grill, so if you use it on the RV's quick-connect, the hose size will limit the BTU's. But it still generates good flame and heat.
    John & Susan
    2019 F-250 SuperDuty CCSB
    2022 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michilson View Post
    Grand design manufacturing team brand new RV owner and just took my 22mle out for a maden voyage. Purchased a 7' quick connect to treaded fitting for gas grill (charbroil grill2go x200) the connection is same thread of small green 1lb tank. And grill wouldn't light. After pulling a full 20lb tank from the camper for dinner and lucky bringing that hose I discovered this is a common problem on RVs. That the quick disconnect line is a low pressure line. Can we please just make this a direct feed from the propane tanks so we don't need to convert a grill to make it work. I have a grill that doesn't seem to have a conversion for low pressure. So I either need to try to rig something or bring a additional 20lb tank. This seems to be a issue with all camper manufacturers from what I can tell just don't understand why it hasn't been fixed? Seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to add a shutoff value at the tanks and high pressure line down the frame to the quick connect. To allow people to connect the grill regulator and control values to the camper tanks. It's like $200 in parts if that. Or move the regular after the quick connect port. Allowing the grills to be high pressure and everything else downstream low pressure.
    The last thing you want is a high pressure gas line running under your RV. If that line broke and ignited it would not only take out your RV but anything around you for a few hundred feet. If they added such a line and you forgot to shut it off who would you sue. This way if you added it they are not responsible. My Weber BabyQ and my Blackstone were easily converted to low pressure.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaJohn View Post
    I was surprised to see that our 2021 310GK did not come with any external propane connection. I called GD and was told it was left off for safety reasons. I haven’t gotten around to plumbing one in myself.

Consider yourself lucky if you got an external fitting of any type on your rig.
    Yes I was annoyed that my 2020 303 had the low pressure connect and my new 2021 Solitude 310 didn't. I purchased a propane tank "Y" with a regulator and and quick disconnect to work with my existing hose. Quick and dirty, but it works fine.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't see the need for all of these conversions, regulators, quick connects, or carrying around a spare 20lb propane tank. Almost every RV out there has TWO propane tanks so I just use one of these hoses... you simply unscrew the propane line going from one of the tanks to your splitter/automatic changeover configuration on your rig and screw on one of these 12' hoses. Easy as can be and when I'm done grilling and disconnect this hose I simply reconnect the RV hose. It only takes about 2 minutes to accomplish this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091FBZGGK...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Or here's one with a tank gauge and some storage straps for even less $.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092TDYLW5...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 08-05-2021 at 12:21 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a small foldable BBQ table, set my BBQ on it and connect my BBQ via a propane hose directly to one of the propane tanks. Super easy and fast. I have multiple length propane hoses. No problem with pressure, etc. We had a quick connect on our prior trailer but found this method to be most straightforward for the GD setup.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michilson View Post
    Thank guys for all the comments just didn't realize this was low pressure and wouldn't work with my grill. Maybe a Blackstone will be the replacement in the future. Been camping all my life just first personally owned RV. So far that's my only complaint about the RV. I under stand the liability side. Just seems it wouldn't be hard to have a main shutoff at the tank for the higher pressure line. And then you can use the grills stock regulator with out modifications. But I get it costs more for them. Anyways extra tank in the truck is the solution for now. Thanks Guys.
    Google low pressure conversion for Coleman (Weber, etc). A few companies make kits. Or, since there is a regulator on the system already (Note: I am not a plumber, but I did do this with only good outcome) remove the regulator from the grill. Not perfect, but works way better. Good luck.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I really don't see the need for all of these conversions, regulators, quick connects, or carrying around a spare 20lb propane tank.
    It's situational. My griddle is usually set up 50 feet away from the trailer, so a separate tank (or unhooking one of the tongue tanks) is more practical than toting around 50 feet of low pressure hose and stringing it across the campsite. If I were camping at those tiny spots in full-hookup campgrounds, I'd just convert everything to low pressure and use the quick-connect on the side of the trailer like some people do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12