User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I remove my water pressure regulator?

It seems I have very weak water pressure, especially in the shower when running on city water. I fill up the fresh tank and turn on the water pump and this greatly increases the water pressure to a usable state.

Is this a sign that maybe I should remove the 40psi water pressure regulator from my hose coming off the campsite water supply? I have this issue at every RV park we go to.

Thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmacmilitant View Post
    It seems I have very weak water pressure, especially in the shower when running on city water. I fill up the fresh tank and turn on the water pump and this greatly increases the water pressure to a usable state.

Is this a sign that maybe I should remove the 40psi water pressure regulator from my hose coming off the campsite water supply? I have this issue at every RV park we go to.

Thanks!
    It sounds like you have one of those Camco fixed regulators. My personal opinion is they are junk. I recommend buying an adjustable regulator like this one: Circrane 3/4 Lead-Free Brass Water Pressure Regulator with Gauge Adjustable RV Pressure Reducer, Build in Oil and Inlet Stainless Screened Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855VTL4K...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your pump provides adequate flow and pressure but not city water inlet, this could suggest several things. Certainly a defective fixed pressure regulator, could be your freshwater hose is only a 1/2", you are not fully switched into City water on your wet panel (user error or panel problem), defective check valve, or even a collapsed or pinched flex line.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmacmilitant View Post

Thanks!
    To your question, NO do not remove your regulator. Replace it as others have suggested. Some parks have high water pressure & could cause you problems without a regulator.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has not been mentioned yet…have you checked you filter screens to be sure none of them are plugged? Normally there is one at the hose connection on the RV and there is probably one on the pressure regulator itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If your pump provides adequate flow and pressure but not city water inlet, this could suggest several things. Certainly a defective fixed pressure regulator, could be your freshwater hose is only a 1/2", you are not fully switched into City water on your wet panel (user error or panel problem), defective check valve, or even a collapsed or pinched flex line.
    Thanks for the feedback. My freshwater hose is 5/8", is that ok?

If it is, then I'll replace the regulator, and if the problem persists, I'll work through your other recommendations.

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Clear2o three stage filter system (100 micron -> 1 micron -> sub 1 micron which makes for spring like water but reduces pressure significantly - I can take a shower with it but it's not amazing. So we swap to the cheap blue filter for showers and keep the Clear2o for everything else. We use a Y splitter to make this easier. We also use the small copper pressure limiter that won't permit above 55 psi. I don't use one of those analog gauge type (which freeze easily and cause everything else to freeze when you are in sub-zero temps).
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPicardo View Post
    We use a Clear2o three stage filter system (100 micron -> 1 micron -> sub 1 micron which makes for spring like water but reduces pressure significantly - I can take a shower with it but it's not amazing. So we swap to the cheap blue filter for showers and keep the Clear2o for everything else. We use a Y splitter to make this easier. We also use the small copper pressure limiter that won't permit above 55 psi. I don't use one of those analog gauge type (which freeze easily and cause everything else to freeze when you are in sub-zero temps).
    The freezing issue is exactly why mine is in the basement, along with the 2 stage water filter.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel