User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the simplicity of a Keurig, but decided to go back to grinding my beans and don’t mind the extra work for the extra flavor at all.

French presses make great coffee, but clean up with an RV is a pain. Dont flush those grounds down the sink. How many paper towels and light water rinses does it take to clean? Too many.
    Spraying it outside works, but still..

I like my filter coffee maker at home and in the RV.

Now, my wife and I like different coffee. (She does half decaf). So this coffee maker is great for doing separate batches.
    16oz max batch. The coffee is good. $40 price works too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000...b_b_asin_title

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treichelt View Post
    so, I am trying to go more solar especially since we camp on a lot of hip camp sites, no power. i noticed the coffee maker can suck a lot of juice . i looked around since it looks like the coffee makers can draw different amounts of power. has anyone found a coffee maker that consumes less power?
    The absolute best coffee I have found is the pour over type. No need for electricity. Heat water in pot on stove and pour over coffee. We use one at home as well. You can get one from a single 12/16 oz. to a carafe 10 cup insulated.
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pour over is the way to go. The aroma during the pour and the flavor of the coffee is absolutely delicious. It takes a propane stove to heat the water. Better than a French press due to clean-up, just pull out the coffee filter and throw it away. This is what we use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SBQR86W...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    2016 29RS
    2008 2500 Chevy Duramax Diesel CC LTZ
    Prev 5er 2010 Outback 321FRL
    1994 Chevy 6.5TD 2500 ext Cab
    25ft Coachman Catalina TT
    Skamper Pop UP
    Various tents
    ALL great memories:D

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for that info. we used to use these a long time ago. funny how we forget ....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more vote for pour over. You can use the coffee of your choice and be as picky as you want with how you grind it. I like it better than french press, yes, it uses a filter, but that's what I like better about it, zero grinds.

There are the ceramic ones listed above, and also less expensive plastic ones. I like the ceramic, have the one listed above for ~ $13.

Super easy to clean up and takes up VERY little space.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We quit using electric coffee makers. Using a Bialetti stainless 22 oz. I think, Italian style espresso direct heat coffee maker. The two piece type. Makes as good a cup of coffee as anything. Even better then some. Unbreakable. Drop it on the floor, no problem. Its built like a tank. Since it's direct heat from the stove top, its perfect for boondocking and zero power draw compared to using an electric pot with an inverter or generator. We buy the biggest we can get, so it makes two cups of coffee at once. Have one on the boat and trailer both. Did I mention stainless is forever?
    Last edited by deerislandbrew; 07-29-2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Spelling..
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Change in plans.
    After looking at all the options and not wanting something to brake (carafe) SWMBO chose the following.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for all the help in spending my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Sanka?

Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    How about Sanka?

OMG - were talking about REAL coffee here. But that does bring back memories - horrible ones - but memory's of my youth
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Spicoli would approve.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast