User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    ok, so your stabilizers are at the very end of the camper so you can easily tighten the x brace, that wouldn't work with a leveling system that is right behind the rear tires. You would have to crawl under the camper to tighten the bars each time.
    Imagine having to do that when you get up in the morning on a travel day and it's been pouring down rain all night.... I have the BAL kingpin tripod stabilizer and it works just fine. The front bedroom is the only place we ever noticed trailer movement when getting up during the night.... now it's 95% eliminated.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    I have the X-Brace on my '21 260RD. They work great. Plus they are less than $200. 45 minute install. Note that the instructions that came in the box are horrible. Download the newest set of instructions from the retailer or manufacturer.

Attachment 37564Attachment 37565
    Question..... Looking at your top picture how can you lower your RV to reconnect if your manual drop-down legs are fully extended and the powered section is fully retracted? I had the dealership put mine back out into the lot after getting it inspected and they did the same thing because they moved it with a fork truck with a kingpin setup. I was ticked off because it was after business hours that I had arranged to pick it up and I couldn't lower the front end to hook up. I was told to only ever lower the manual drop-down legs about 1/2 way and let the leveling system extend the remainder.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Question..... Looking at your top picture how can you lower your RV to reconnect if your manual drop-down legs are fully extended and the powered section is fully retracted? I had the dealership put mine back out into the lot after getting it inspected and they did the same thing because they moved it with a fork truck with a kingpin setup. I was ticked off because it was after business hours that I had arranged to pick it up and I couldn't lower the front end to hook up. I was told to only ever lower the manual drop-down legs about 1/2 way and let the leveling system extend the remainder.
    Yes, everything retracts normally with out issues. I initially had the top brackets installed incorrectly on the retracting legs. I moved them to the top where it does not move and they work perfectly.

Someone also asked about front to back motion, this does not specifically address that, only side to side motion. I should mention that we never had a front to back motion, only side to side when someone was walking around inside (specifically the bedroom). I would say that this eliminates probably about 85% to 90% or more of that motion but not 100%. Much more tolerable.

Overall, it was a good install for the money and time involved.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    ok, so your stabilizers are at the very end of the camper so you can easily tighten the x brace, that wouldn't work with a leveling system that is right behind the rear tires. You would have to crawl under the camper to tighten the bars each time.
    He installed on a travel trailer...Completely different
    Guy and Alicia
    Ossineke, Michigan
    2016 GMC 2500HD
    2023 Reflection 324MBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kansan View Post
    We're looking for a fix for our 2015 337 wobble issue. (no auto level on this 337) We've perused JT Strongarms and Steady fast, which look great but cumbersome install perhaps. We know they both get good reviews but we're intrigued by the Morryde x-brace (previously Winfield brand) front stabilizer and Morryde back hitch stabilizer. Any experience with these? Install and use seems to be a breeze from the video we watched. We're not full time RV'rs , just getting ready to go on a long trip and will be in one spot for three weeks. Looking to eliminate the nerve-wracking movement.
    I have the steady fast and it works well. Install was fairly easy as they include everything you need including the drill and champfer bits and all hardware.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12