User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Door striker plate on backwards.. Thanks to Original Poster

I know I read about this here somewhere but I can't find it. Thank you to whoever the original poster was.
    Apparently someone had installed the striker plate on the main door lock backwards making their door hard to close.
    We have been having the same issue and I just assumed it was tight door seals and left it at that.
    I just went out to check and sure enough, ours was backwards as well. The side with the round over was facing into the Livingroom.
    I removed it and flipped around and she closes like a dream. This little round over gives the door plunger a smooth place to engage and slide across easily.

Thank you again to the original poster.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    I know I read about this here somewhere but I can't find it. Thank you to whoever the original poster was.
    Apparently someone had installed the striker plate on the main door lock backwards making their door hard to close.
    We have been having the same issue and I just assumed it was tight door seals and left it at that.
    I just went out to check and sure enough, ours was backwards as well. The side with the round over was facing into the Livingroom.
    I removed it and flipped around and she closes like a dream. This little round over gives the door plunger a smooth place to engage and slide across easily.

Thank you again to the original poster.
    Well, me too! Our door had a slam requirement. I have to admit that I really didn't examine the strike plate closely until I read this. Mine is backwards as well!

Thanks OP!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Well, me too! Our door had a slam requirement. I have to admit that I really didn't examine the strike plate closely until I read this. Mine is backwards as well!

Thanks OP!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Sounds like GD has a design problem. The door latch is not such a "Grand Design". LOL
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I’m checking mine on Wednesday when we pick it up for our next trip. I just figured it took a good push. Lol.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I purchased my Solitude 345 in April & the door was hard to close so I took a block of wood & a hammer & tapped the latch closer to the frame. It closed much better but still took some effort. I had never really examined the strike plate carefully. This morning I looked at it & saw that both sides are rounded but that one is rounded more than the other. I also noticed that there is a plate inside the strike plate that was on the front side of the latch. I thought that was to prevent the door from being forced open. When I reversed the strike plate with the plate inside the latch on the right side the door closes much easier. So I don’t know if the latches wee installed backwards due to carelessness or if the strike plates were manufactured with the inside plate on the wrong side & that’s why the strike plates were installed backwards. Any comments?
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hilarious! Picked up the trailer for our trip tomorrow and the striker plate is on backwards! Lol. All this time I just thought the door was hard to close by design. Turned the plate around and it closes nice and smooth. Thanks for your post!
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be checking mine tomorrow. Same issues and mine is sometimes extremely hard to open from outside, requiring me to push inward on the door while pulling the release hendle. My wife can't do it at all. Hope the fix is that simple!
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Hilarious! Picked up the trailer for our trip tomorrow and the striker plate is on backwards! Lol. All this time I just thought the door was hard to close by design. Turned the plate
    around and it closes nice and smooth. Thanks for your post!
    I found that my deadbolt won’t work with the strike plate reversed so I have to see what is going on. There is a piece of metal inside the strike plate at a right angle to the plate. Once you reversed your strike plate was it on the left or the right. I think it’s supposed to be on the left.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda unrelated, time stamp of posts seems way off, at least for my last post. Sending this one on 7-29-21 at 8:32 EDT.
    Reversed my door latch strike plate this morning and much improved now. Didn't think to test lock function yet.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    I found that my deadbolt won’t work with the strike plate reversed so I have to see what is going on. There is a piece of metal inside the strike plate at a right angle to the plate. Once you reversed your strike plate was it on the left or the right. I think it’s supposed to be on the left.
    I will have to check that out. I didn't even think to test it. Thank's for the response!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast