User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

HUGHES PWD30-EPO-H Power Watchdog Smart Bluetooth Surge Protector Input

So I'm about to order this Hughes unit to hardwire in to our new 17MKE but I read a few reviews that complained about the amount of noise it makes. More than a few users complained that it makes a "quite loud Hum".

Okay, so I'll admit to being a little off center but I know this would drive me crazy! Especially in the still of night when I'm trying to sleep.

So I know they've probably sold thousands of these and I wonder if the sampling I read is a majority or minority. Does anyone here have one of these installed in their trailer and experience this noise?

Not to be rude but I'm not interested in feedback on the portable units or the PI units. That's for a different discussion.

Thanks!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    So I'm about to order this Hughes unit to hardwire in to our new 17MKE but I read a few reviews that complained about the amount of noise it makes. More than a few users complained that it makes a "quite loud Hum".

Okay, so I'll admit to being a little off center but I know this would drive me crazy! Especially in the still of night when I'm trying to sleep.

So I know they've probably sold thousands of these and I wonder if the sampling I read is a majority or minority. Does anyone here have one of these installed in their trailer and experience this noise?

Not to be rude but I'm not interested in feedback on the portable units or the PI units. That's for a different discussion.

Thanks!
    We have the 50 amp watchdog installed in our 320MKS and the only noise it makes is when it senses power and energizes the coach. I'm referring to the massive relay that goes "CLUNK".

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    We have the 50 amp watchdog installed in our 320MKS and the only noise it makes is when it senses power and energizes the coach. I'm referring to the massive relay that goes "CLUNK".

Okay, so that's positive news. I wonder why so many folks complain of this hum? If that Clunk is all it does, I'm good. Thanks Mark or Mary.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Okay, so that's positive news. I wonder why so many folks complain of this hum? If that Clunk is all it does, I'm good. Thanks Mark or Mary.
    So far Mark is the only one that posts...

I've never noticed a hum, but then again, I have it mounted behind the wet bay below the bathroom. I actually cut the cable that the 50 amp cord connects to and spliced it in there. Didn't take pictures though... Next time I'm in there, I'll try to remember to take some.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    So far Mark is the only one that posts...

I've never noticed a hum, but then again, I have it mounted behind the wet bay below the bathroom. I actually cut the cable that the 50 amp cord connects to and spliced it in there. Didn't take pictures though... Next time I'm in there, I'll try to remember to take some.

No worries with the picture. Our wee 17MKE is configured very differently. I have a spot to mount it but it's essentially under the kitchen sink and I was worried about noise.

Thanks.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE