User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tire linc tpms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I have used a the Tymate system, which I still have, and I have tried the Tire Linc as it cam with my 320MKS. I prefer the Tymate. I like having the small monitor with the information visible at all times rather than just rely on a green light and have to mess with a phone. I think they really did try to make this system better than the rest, but leaving out a real time monitor with temps and pressures in an lcd is no good for me. I can't tell you how many times I would check my Tymate real quick while traveling to Florida and back.

Real world example, I blew out a brake on the way back from Florida, had no idea it happened, but I noticed on my Tymate one tire getting hotter and hotter. I was able to see the temp rise. Had I relied on this system, I wouldn't have known until the red light went off that only one tire was an issue. And, I really don't want to have my phone open and used only for tire information. I'm taking the tirelinc off Monday and putting my Tymate back on.
    Good information, thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have a reflection or tire linc system.

However:
    -I have had several blowouts over a few trailers.
    -I have had the tire minder smart TPMS (uses smart phone +dongle)
    -I have a TST507 with dedicated display
    -I have setup two friends tire linc systems on their 2021 reflections

My experience is as follows:
    1) smart phone in the equation only complicated things and adds delay
    2)a dedicated display does not need to be on the dash. I only need to see it when I am curious or when the alarm goes off
    -Tst 507 initializes faster than my tire minder system did. Connects 100% of the time
    -I had LOTS of issues with tire minder and Motorola android phone. Less with iPhone. Lots of time corresponding and new parts sent with tire minder folk.
    -the reason I finally switched to tst is the iPhone8 kept having issues connecting to the sensors. Also after a couple years they all needed replacing at $50ish ea. I may have the same issue with tst just have not had it long enough.
    -the tire linc system sets up perfectly (follow directions) has all the same parameters as tst and tireminder
    -Neither guy has had a flat so no data on how quick the system reacts.
    -I do like flow thru sensors much better than cap sensors (tire linc comes standard with cap sensors)

My recommendations-
    1)Get a dedicated display vs smartphone. TPMS systems are low tech. Low tech companies don’t do software well.
    2)the economics of TPMS sensors are sort of like cordless drill batteries. They are super expensive and some times it just makes sense to buy a whole new system(ie, 4 tireminder sensors =$200ish. The tst with flow thru sensors was only $250)
    3)tire Linc is standard on reflections if you want to keep your current just sell the tire linc parts on eBay or Facebook marketplace. The sensors will indoubtedly be I. High demand soon.

Good luck and of course YMMV

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    I don’t have a reflection or tire linc system.

However:
    -I have had several blowouts over a few trailers.
    -I have had the tire minder smart TPMS (uses smart phone +dongle)
    -I have a TST507 with dedicated display
    -I have setup two friends tire linc systems on their 2021 reflections

My experience is as follows:
    1) smart phone in the equation only complicated things and adds delay
    2)a dedicated display does not need to be on the dash. I only need to see it when I am curious or when the alarm goes off
    -Tst 507 initializes faster than my tire minder system did. Connects 100% of the time
    -I had LOTS of issues with tire minder and Motorola android phone. Less with iPhone. Lots of time corresponding and new parts sent with tire minder folk.
    -the reason I finally switched to tst is the iPhone8 kept having issues connecting to the sensors. Also after a couple years they all needed replacing at $50ish ea. I may have the same issue with tst just have not had it long enough.
    -the tire linc system sets up perfectly (follow directions) has all the same parameters as tst and tireminder
    -Neither guy has had a flat so no data on how quick the system reacts.
    -I do like flow thru sensors much better than cap sensors (tire linc comes standard with cap sensors)

My recommendations-
    1)Get a dedicated display vs smartphone. TPMS systems are low tech. Low tech companies don’t do software well.
    2)the economics of TPMS sensors are sort of like cordless drill batteries. They are super expensive and some times it just makes sense to buy a whole new system(ie, 4 tireminder sensors =$200ish. The tst with flow thru sensors was only $250)
    3)tire Linc is standard on reflections if you want to keep your current just sell the tire linc parts on eBay or Facebook marketplace. The sensors will indoubtedly be I. High demand soon.

Good luck and of course YMMV
    Thanks for the great information. I have been thinking of getting an updated monitor for my Tire Minder and just keep using it. I have a little while to decide since we won't get a new trailer until after the new year.
    Dale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Has anyone been using the Tire Linc TPMS that comes with the new Reflections? I was wanting some real world opinions on if it is a good system. We are considering upgrading next year to a new Reflection and we currently have a Tire Minder TPMS on our Imagine. From what I have read the Lippert system is getting good reviews on Amazon. If that is the case I will just let the Tire Minder go with the Imagine when I sell it. It is also the older TMG400 which requires you to have another device in the cab of the truck that needs to stay charged. I like the idea that the Tire Linc sends the information directly to your smart phone.

Thanks for the information,
    Dale
    I got the Tire Linc with my Solitude. It came with the monitor. I took a trip up to Long Island NY a trip of around 730 miles. Before I left I installed the Tire Linc. The monitor went off a couple of times, but when I checked with the phone there was no problem. I guess if you don't have anything else it's OK. I feel that the Tire Link is worth exactly what I paid for it "0". Fortunately I took my TST sensors off my Reflection when I sold it. Before returning home to NC from NY I changed to the TST setup. That is my two cents.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I would not recommend using the tire linc system. The hardware bits seem fine to me, but the software needs a LOT of work. From random alarms for no apparent reason to losing connectivity while driving (with no alarm to tell you). I have no confidence in it. I'll keep it till the end of this camping season - no big trips planned before fall with the border still closed - and likely replace it in the spring if no software updates are implemented that improve the reliability of the system.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I got the Tire Linc with my Solitude. It came with the monitor. I took a trip up to Long Island NY a trip of around 730 miles. Before I left I installed the Tire Linc. The monitor went off a couple of times, but when I checked with the phone there was no problem. I guess if you don't have anything else it's OK. I feel that the Tire Link is worth exactly what I paid for it "0". Fortunately I took my TST sensors off my Reflection when I sold it. Before returning home to NC from NY I changed to the TST setup. That is my two cents.
    Thanks for the real world experience. It helps in making a good informed decision.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    At this point I would not recommend using the tire linc system. The hardware bits seem fine to me, but the software needs a LOT of work. From random alarms for no apparent reason to losing connectivity while driving (with no alarm to tell you). I have no confidence in it. I'll keep it till the end of this camping season - no big trips planned before fall with the border still closed - and likely replace it in the spring if no software updates are implemented that improve the reliability of the system.
    The more I hear from people that have used it the more I think I will keep my Tire Minder and get a newer monitor for it. My system is the older TMG400 and I started having troubles with the pressure and temperatures not updating. I checked with Tire Minder and my sensors are compatible with the newer Tire Minder I10 monitor. Then I will just keep the Tire Linc in case I sell the camper in the future.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    The more I hear from people that have used it the more I think I will keep my Tire Minder and get a newer monitor for it. My system is the older TMG400 and I started having troubles with the pressure and temperatures not updating. I checked with Tire Minder and my sensors are compatible with the newer Tire Minder I10 monitor. Then I will just keep the Tire Linc in case I sell the camper in the future.
    Dale
    This was my thought as well on the Lippert system when I was researching The “gimmicky” dock on the Imagine line didn’t sit well with me anyway. Either supply it all or none of it
    Went with Tire Traker instead
    IMO I think GD is going down the wrong path getting deep in bed with LCI and now with the new acquisition of Furrion
    Time will tell

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    IMO I think GD is going down the wrong path getting deep in bed with LCI and now with the new acquisition of Furrion
    Likely getting everything from LCI gives them an attractive pricing list.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope they improve the software for tire linc. The sensors appear to be very accurate. It's just a matter of sensible, effective, reliable programming. The longer LCI takes to correct it, the more customers they will lose.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast