User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tire linc tpms

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've now put about 2000 miles on ours. The system works fine but I do not like the app-only approach. When I drive, my phone is connected to the truck for Android Auto. This REALLY impacts usability. I have the extra fob and simply trust that green means go.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy one of the systems with a separate display. (And may do that anyway.)

Note that you should really run metal valve stems with any stem-mounted sensor. I have high pressure rubber (so they are reinforced) and can still see marks in the wheels where the stems flex. Will get metal installed when we get home from this trip.

Best of luck no matter which system you install.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    We've now put about 2000 miles on ours. The system works fine but I do not like the app-only approach. When I drive, my phone is connected to the truck for Android Auto. This REALLY impacts usability. I have the extra fob and simply trust that green means go.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy one of the systems with a separate display. (And may do that anyway.)

Note that you should really run metal valve stems with any stem-mounted sensor. I have high pressure rubber (so they are reinforced) and can still see marks in the wheels where the stems flex. Will get metal installed when we get home from this trip.

Best of luck no matter which system you install.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the information. I wish the system was a little more reliable because our Tire Minder is the old one and we are having problems with the monitor. We can upgrade the monitor to the new style and still use our sensors with it. I might have to do that because that would be cheaper than buying a new system. To bad Grand Design didn't use a more reliable setup. How much is the additional fob and is it reliable?

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year/model truck do you have?

Never mind. I see ypu have a newer Super Duty. FYI. The Lippert One Control app on the Ford Sync will display your tire pressure on your screen (along with other options). No need to keep your phone screen on.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR
    Last edited by A.Texas.Yankee; 08-03-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dale G

We have a few thousand miles on our’s and overall I’d say it does what it’s supposed to do. The fob in the truck will only get updates every 15 minutes or so, unless it’s plugged in. If plugged in, it receives an update every few seconds. The app alerts are configurable, or you can just let it run in the background. Or run it on your Ford screen. For us, I did not want another screen hanging on my dash or windshield.
    2021 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW with Air Lift springs
    B&W Companion Slider
    2021 Solitude 375RES-R w/ disc brakes
    Formerly REI 6 man tent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    What year/model truck do you have?

Never mind. I see ypu have a newer Super Duty. FYI. The Lippert One Control app on the Ford Sync will display your tire pressure on your screen (along with other options). No need to keep your phone screen on.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR
    Are you saying the Tire Linc TPMS will show on the Ford screen even though I did not get the Ford TPMS option? I have never saw that on any of the screens. Can you give me a quick explanation where it is and how to link the Tire Linc sensors to it? That would be a great solution.
    Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daltontrio View Post
    @Dale G

We have a few thousand miles on our’s and overall I’d say it does what it’s supposed to do. The fob in the truck will only get updates every 15 minutes or so, unless it’s plugged in. If plugged in, it receives an update every few seconds. The app alerts are configurable, or you can just let it run in the background. Or run it on your Ford screen. For us, I did not want another screen hanging on my dash or windshield.
    How do you get it to link to the Ford Sync system? Also, I currently have a TireMinder system on my Imagine, will the Ford system recognize the sensors with this system and how do I do that? I have looked through the choices and don't see anything for trailer TPMS. I didn't get the TPMS with the truck when I bought it, would that affect this?
    Dale
    Last edited by Dale G; 08-04-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    Dale & Tammy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Are you saying the Tire Linc TPMS will show on the Ford screen even though I did not get the Ford TPMS option? I have never saw that on any of the screens. Can you give me a quick explanation where it is and how to link the Tire Linc sensors to it? That would be a great solution.
    Thanks,
    Dale
    Yes. It would display on the infotainmemt system in the center dash. It is completely independent of the Ford factory Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring system (which I have as well but don't use... waste of $500).

You have the option to install Apps on the Ford Sync. You need the One Control app installed on your phone and that phone connected to truck via Bluetooth. Then you install the same app from the apps menu on the Ford Sync. You will be able to see options in your truck screen similar to your app on your phone (can control A/C, see tank levels, run generator if equipped, etc.)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    How do you get it to link to the Ford Sync system? Also, I currently have a TireMinder system on my Imagine, will the Ford system recognize the sensors with this system and how do I do that? I have looked through the choices and don't see anything for trailer TPMS. I didn't get the TPMS with the truck when I bought it, would that affect this?
    Dale
    The Ford system will not recognize the Tire Minder. That's a completely independent system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Yes. It would display on the infotainmemt system in the center dash. It is completely independent of the Ford factory Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring system (which I have as well but don't use... waste of $500).

You have the option to install Apps on the Ford Sync. You need the One Control app installed on your phone and that phone connected to truck via Bluetooth. Then you install the same app from the apps menu on the Ford Sync. You will be able to see options in your truck screen similar to your app on your phone (can control A/C, see tank levels, run generator if equipped, etc.)

Thanks for the information. I have The Ford Pass and Android Auto installed on my phone but will have to look for the One Control. When I get a chance I will look for it and try it out. Sounds like it might be a good option.
    Never mind, I just looked and the one control is a Lippert APP so I will have to wait until I get the new trailer. I was hoping it would work with my current TireMinder sensors.
    Dale
    Last edited by Dale G; 08-04-2021 at 07:14 AM.
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used a the Tymate system, which I still have, and I have tried the Tire Linc as it cam with my 320MKS. I prefer the Tymate. I like having the small monitor with the information visible at all times rather than just rely on a green light and have to mess with a phone. I think they really did try to make this system better than the rest, but leaving out a real time monitor with temps and pressures in an lcd is no good for me. I can't tell you how many times I would check my Tymate real quick while traveling to Florida and back.

Real world example, I blew out a brake on the way back from Florida, had no idea it happened, but I noticed on my Tymate one tire getting hotter and hotter. I was able to see the temp rise. Had I relied on this system, I wouldn't have known until the red light went off that only one tire was an issue. And, I really don't want to have my phone open and used only for tire information. I'm taking the tirelinc off Monday and putting my Tymate back on.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast