User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tire linc tpms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tire linc tpms

Has anyone been using the Tire Linc TPMS that comes with the new Reflections? I was wanting some real world opinions on if it is a good system. We are considering upgrading next year to a new Reflection and we currently have a Tire Minder TPMS on our Imagine. From what I have read the Lippert system is getting good reviews on Amazon. If that is the case I will just let the Tire Minder go with the Imagine when I sell it. It is also the older TMG400 which requires you to have another device in the cab of the truck that needs to stay charged. I like the idea that the Tire Linc sends the information directly to your smart phone.

Thanks for the information,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Has anyone been using the Tire Linc TPMS that comes with the new Reflections? I was wanting some real world opinions on if it is a good system. We are considering upgrading next year to a new Reflection and we currently have a Tire Minder TPMS on our Imagine. From what I have read the Lippert system is getting good reviews on Amazon. If that is the case I will just let the Tire Minder go with the Imagine when I sell it. It is also the older TMG400 which requires you to have another device in the cab of the truck that needs to stay charged. I like the idea that the Tire Linc sends the information directly to your smart phone.

Dale
    My two cents, adjusted for inflation...

The Tire Linc system is good. You do have to connect it through your phone. If it wasn't included on my 320MKS, I would have purchased the Tire Minder system. If you have that one already in hand, since it comes with the separate monitor, my recommendation is to stay with that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    My two cents, adjusted for inflation...

The Tire Linc system is good. You do have to connect it through your phone. If it wasn't included on my 320MKS, I would have purchased the Tire Minder system. If you have that one already in hand, since it comes with the separate monitor, my recommendation is to stay with that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I appreciate the advice. If I keep my Tire Minder I will want to update the monitor to the newer one.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dale
    First long trip with ours on the new Solitude. Everything functions as it should and the app seems to work well on my Android. I'm very happy with the setup.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    First long trip with ours on the new Solitude. Everything functions as it should and the app seems to work well on my Android. I'm very happy with the setup.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Great, I appreciate the first hand experience.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dale
    My only complaint is the tire alert indicator that you put in the cab of the truck. When the trailer is sitting still for an extended period of time the alert indicator will beep 10 times which is supposed to mean you have a tire issue. Lippert sent me a replacement for mine & the new one does the same thing. I contacted Lippert & they say it’s a known issue. While the trailer is ,owing I’ve never gotten an alert & the app on my phone never indicates an alert when parked or moving.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    My only complaint is the tire alert indicator that you put in the cab of the truck. When the trailer is sitting still for an extended period of time the alert indicator will beep 10 times which is supposed to mean you have a tire issue. Lippert sent me a replacement for mine & the new one does the same thing. I contacted Lippert & they say it’s a known issue. While the trailer is ,owing I’ve never gotten an alert & the app on my phone never indicates an alert when parked or moving.
    That is interesting, hopefully they will figure it out and fix it.
    Dale & Tammy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the tire linc and I really don’t care for it. The app must be open on your phone to get the alerts. Also mine only updates every 5 to 20 minutes, which is no good. I purchased the extra alert fob you can put in your truck, that seams to stay connected. Just hope it goes off if I get a flat or overheat the tires. Keep the one you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Kamsden;385338]I have the tire linc and I really don’t care for it. The app must be open on your phone to get the alerts. Also mine only updates every 5 to 20 minutes, which is no good. I purchased the extra alert fob you can put in your truck, that seams to stay connected. Just hope it goes off if I get a flat or overheat the tires. Keep the one you have.

Mine is the Tire Linc. As I said the fob sometimes alerts if the trailer has been sitting in our RV site. When I return to the park my fob either signals an alert or turns green when I’m within 200 feet of the trailer. My understanding is that you don’t need to have the app open on your phone for the fob to alert you & I have had the fob alert me when my tire temp was too high. I had set up the maximum temp too low. So far I’m happy with Tire Linc overall.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=USA in a Chevrolet;385353]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
    I have the tire linc and I really don’t care for it. The app must be open on your phone to get the alerts. Also mine only updates every 5 to 20 minutes, which is no good. I purchased the extra alert fob you can put in your truck, that seams to stay connected. Just hope it goes off if I get a flat or overheat the tires. Keep the one you have.

Mine is the Tire Linc. As I said the fob sometimes alerts if the trailer has been sitting in our RV site. When I return to the park my fob either signals an alert or turns green when I’m within 200 feet of the trailer. My understanding is that you don’t need to have the app open on your phone for the fob to alert you & I have had the fob alert me when my tire temp was too high. I had set up the maximum temp too low. So far I’m happy with Tire Linc overall.
    Thanks, I appreciate the information.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast