Likes Likes:  0

Thread: awning issues

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awning issues

Tried to extend the awning tonight, wouldn't budge, blew the fuse, replaced fuse, tried it, blew again.
    Am thinking the awning is stuck in the closed position and will try to nudge it tomorrow morning.
    Worked fine last 5 trips.
    Anyone experience this before?
    Thx
    John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the opposite. Rolled out, would not roll up. I would try the manual crank to see if it will budge, if so, then most likely the motor is shot. I had to return to dealer and have the motor replaced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    Just the opposite. Rolled out, would not roll up. I would try the manual crank to see if it will budge, if so, then most likely the motor is shot. I had to return to dealer and have the motor replaced.
    I was not told during our PDI about the ability to roll up awning manually, can they all do that and if so what does the crank look like and where does it go?

Thanks
    Steve & Bunny
    Michigan
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD 6.0

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a video on how to roll up the electric awning manually. The access port is under a small rubber cover on the front head of your awning.

http://lci1.com/support-center
    >Click Awning Selections
    >Click Solera Power Awnings
    >Click Videos in upper right middle of page
    Video uses flash player and will show you a demonstration of how to roll it up manually.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow just realized my problem was the awning had rolled up backwards last time I retracted it.
    Awning should roll out from the top and mine was rolling out from the bottom.
    It blew the fuse because I was hitting the extend button which because of the backwards rollup was actually retract.
    I discovered this after replacing the second fuse when I hit the retract button and the awning extended.
    Last time I retracted the awning I guess I accidentally hit extend instead of retRact and it just kept going, wrapping the awning around the bottom of the roller and came back up to the wall fully retracted.
    I know it sounds crazy, don't think I would believe it either if I was reading this on someone else's post.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    Wow just realized my problem was the awning had rolled up backwards last time I retracted it.
    It blew the fuse because I was hitting the extend button which because of the backwards rollup was actually retract.
    I discovered this after replacing the second fuse when I hit the retract button and the awning extended.
    Last time I retracted the awning I guess I accidentally hit extend instead of retRact and it just kept going, wrapping the awning around the bottom of the roller and came back up to the wall fully retracted.
    I know it sounds crazy, don't think I would believe it either if I was reading this on someone else's post.
    Well, now we know what happens when we over extend it. Thanks for the tip!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John 612, I discovered yesterday that you can retract the awning backwards, I did it too not paying attention. Stopped it in time though and reversed it. Where is the awning fuse located???
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran1 View Post
    Where is the awning fuse located???
    There's a 15A fuse for it in the DC fuse panel.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John612 View Post
    That will do it! That was one point that the tech made during my PDI is that they don't have a stop and if you hold the switch it will just keep going and roll it up from the underside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, thank you for the fuse location info. I should have known to check the panel first. Another reason why this forum is great. Folks step up to help whenever they can.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually