User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the great information! Hadn't thought of the slide raising the jacks on the opposite side once I put it out so I'll have to check for that. I also have not been using anything under the jack feet so maybe a chunk of timber or something would help, and not extending them so far. Will also look into x-chocks or other stabilizers to see what I think about that. I like the idea of a separate jack to put under the step too. And it does drive me crazy that the shades shake (as GregTheLeg mentioned) as well as a wire or something inside the wall by the thermostat. I need to pull the thermostat and see what the heck that noise is all about!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Thank you all for the great information! Hadn't thought of the slide raising the jacks on the opposite side once I put it out so I'll have to check for that. I also have not been using anything under the jack feet so maybe a chunk of timber or something would help, and not extending them so far. Will also look into x-chocks or other stabilizers to see what I think about that. I like the idea of a separate jack to put under the step too. And it does drive me crazy that the shades shake (as GregTheLeg mentioned) as well as a wire or something inside the wall by the thermostat. I need to pull the thermostat and see what the heck that noise is all about!
    Two of the electric motors on the stabilizer jacks on our 312BH TT went bad and were replaced under warranty. The affected stabilizers would not hold the position once tightened. The dealer also added additional lag bolts from the stabilizer frames into the trailer frame to eliminate some clunking noises when walking around the trailer. We always used blocks under the stabilizer feet to spread the force and reduce the amount of extension needed. Still had trailer shake, especially when the kids got in our out of the beds in the bunk house. Used combination of X-chocks and the Valterra stabilizer https://www.valterra.com/product/rv-...iversal-boxed/ to reduce (but not eliminate) the wobble.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Two of the electric motors on the stabilizer jacks on our 312BH TT went bad and were replaced under warranty. The affected stabilizers would not hold the position once tightened. The dealer also added additional lag bolts from the stabilizer frames into the trailer frame to eliminate some clunking noises when walking around the trailer. We always used blocks under the stabilizer feet to spread the force and reduce the amount of extension needed. Still had trailer shake, especially when the kids got in our out of the beds in the bunk house. Used combination of X-chocks and the Valterra stabilizer https://www.valterra.com/product/rv-...iversal-boxed/ to reduce (but not eliminate) the wobble.
    With regard to the stabilizers, I am very thankful for knowledge I received from a mobile technician. He advised that the trailer will be less stable the more the stabilizers are extended. As mentioned by a previous reply, the closer the stabilizer footing is to the trailer frame, the more stable the trailer will be. This can be accomplished by “reasonable” use of any number of solid, block-like materials (manufactured or safely improvised) that can serve in bringing the foundation closer to the trailer, rather than fully extending the stabilizers to the point that they’re noticeably wobbly.

Examine the individual stabilizers minimal connection to the frame (a few screws) and it’s clear that they’re really not intended to support much weight, particularly when significantly extended, so that’s what greatly contributes to the shaking and instability (imagine an elephant with the legs of a flamingo). 😆
    Cheesehead Travelers 🧀 2021 Solitude 390RK, 2021 RAM 3500 6.7 HO/Turbo Diesel
    Patty: Head Cheese
    Bobby: Cheese Whiz (USMC Veteran)
    Brooke (Yorkie): Cheez-it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't added them to our new Reflection yet, but our last TT was 38' long and I added two manual scissor jacks to the frame in the center forward of the axles. It helped greatly with stability.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things move after you initially arrive. The next morning after arrival we always hit the jacks one more time and that seems to work well.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12