User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of RV rookies out there

We stopped by our usual go-to spot to dump a weeks worth of poo and grey water while visiting family here in northern MN.

Some rookie or clown didn't weight down their 90 deg elbow into the RV dump station pipe and we were greeted with a horrid smell and floaters all over the place.

Good lord folks, SECURE the POO elbow into the dump station pipe!
    Dump stations are getting far and in between because folks don't know how to use them properly.

2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    We stopped by our usual go-to spot to dump a weeks worth of poo and grey water while visiting family here in northern MN.

Some rookie or clown didn't weight down their 90 deg elbow into the RV dump station pipe and we were greeted with a horrid smell and floaters all over the place.

Good lord folks, SECURE the POO elbow into the dump station pipe!
    Dump stations are getting far and in between because folks don't know how to use them properly.

It's a fact Sportsdad. We were in a park in Greybull, Wy a few weeks ago and they stopped letting people using their dump station coz the new RVers didn't use it properly and broke their plumbing. Part of this issue is that one RVer through all of their trash into a box for plumbing control so even the park toilets wouldn't flush right.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not long ago I recall reading a gas
    station was shut down to decontaminate a gas or diesel (can't remember which) in ground tank because some new rver thought it was a waste dump and emptied their black tank into it.

It's so important for new RVers to do the homework and learn the ins and in outs of responsible RVing and also to clean up the grounds and not leave trash in fire pits when they leave a site (some seasoned campers could use a refresher course at times too).
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These things are just one of many reasons I'm taking the time to learn as much as possible before we spend huge amounts of money to get into the RV scene. I want to be well informed ahead of the purchases so I can hopefully NOT be that inconsiderate, ill informed rookie. I've been at this research since our first RV experience with the in-laws on a 7 day trip in the fall of 2019. Have learned a lot on sites like this and 5 or 6 Facebook pages but know there is still a lot more to learn.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed one of these valves just in case something goes wrong and I can shut off quickly. It has saved me several times over the years from having a mess to clean up. After connecting I drilled a very small hole through both valve and camper sewer pipe at top and installed very small screw to lock in place. Otherwise valve come loose while trying to disconnect sewer hose.

Valterra Twist-On Waste Valve

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Buckskin; 08-01-2021 at 06:57 AM.