Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Battery Upgrade

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Upgrade

I have a 2017 350M. I have ordered a new Battle Born 100a lithium battery. On my way to eventually adding solar and more batteries. Is my stock inverter/controller OK with this setup or am I needing to switch it out now?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were to use the search function, you would find dozens, if not hundreds, of posts on this subject.
    I think the general consensus is that the stock converter will not damage the lithium battery, but you will not be using the battery's full capacity.
    MB, Ab and Ufki (under foot kitty)
    '18 RAM Laramie Cummins HO
    '19 303RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simplest answer to your question depends on what your primary power source will be when you are boondocking. If it’s solar then you can just plan on that converter being properly setup for lithium. If you will be relying more on a generator than yes you will need a converter that’s optimized for lithium batteries other wise it will take 2-3x longer to charge the batts.

Our smallish camper uses a 640 watt solar setup and we even disconnected the factory converter last year and haven’t looked back.

In the mean time a single lithium is a great upgrade even with the factory converter and will offer almost twice the available power.