User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insignia oven knobs melting

Well, we love our insignia stove/oven...but it would seem that there is an issue with the way heat vents from the oven.

We used the oven yesterday to cook a pizza...high temp and short duration...one knob deformed badly from the heat and another started to deform.

I have emails in to Grand Design and Insignia...stand by. Also a report to the consumer product safety council.

I don't know if it is dangerous...but I know it shouldn't happen.

See attached photos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210726_161756954.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	35691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210726_161802512.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	35692

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DECelt; 07-26-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, curious what both GD and insignia have to say, this could definately in the right circumstance be a safety issue.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Wow, curious what both GD and insignia have to say, this could definately in the right circumstance be a safety issue.
    It's too bad. It's the first RV stove/oven that has been a joy to use! It heats to 500 like a residential oven...we love it!

It looks like the heat vents out the front right down on the knobs. I'm hoping that it's as simple as that...

Last edited by DECelt; 07-26-2021 at 04:37 PM.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heat vent for the oven is out the top at the back in the center. Sounds like the gasket on the door of the oven is not sealing well at the top or the oven door was not fully closed.

I was told that there was a suggestion to block that vent by the manufacturer which should not be followed.

The current model is being replaced with a redesigned unit that supposedly solves the issues with the oven not staying lit with the door fully closed.
    Last edited by PappaJohn; 07-26-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes! Imagine grabbing it to turn a burner on/off or the oven off. Could cause some serious injury.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaJohn View Post
    The heat vent for the oven is out the top at the back in the center. Sounds like the gasket on the door of the oven is not sealing well at the top or the oven door was not fully closed.

I was told that there was a suggestion to block that vent by the manufacturer which should not be followed.

The current model is being replaced with a redesigned unit that supposedly solves the issues with the oven not staying lit with the door fully closed.
    I'll check the gaskets. After shutting the oven off we did leave the door ajar about 6" to benefit from the heat...cold day in Maine....but I can't imagine that would melt the knob. If it did, it shouldn't!

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Grand Design has yet to get back to my email, but Best Buy for Business ( where all RV stove warranties are processed) called first thing this am (I filed a warranty request last night).
    Best Buy is replacing the entire stove/oven with a replacement model. It seems as if they are having "thermal issues" with this one.

They are shipping to my home and advised that Grand Design will have to be contacted for the install. Easy install...probably do it myself [emoji41]

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    So, Grand Design has yet to get back to my email, but Best Buy for Business ( where all RV stove warranties are processed) called first thing this am (I filed a warranty request last night).
    Best Buy is replacing the entire stove/oven with a replacement model. It seems as if they are having "thermal issues" with this one.

They are shipping to my home and advised that Grand Design will have to be contacted for the install. Easy install...probably do it myself [emoji41]

Unclear what you mean by "replacement model" and "having thermal issues with this one". Do you mean a new/different model as a replacement? And, thermal issues with this particular model or just your unit?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said in my previous posts, Best Buy has been having so much trouble with this model they requested that the manufacturer redesign it to solve these issues. I don’t know exactly what the changes are. The first shipment of new units are due at Best Buy in a couple of weeks.

The most common problem I have heard of is the oven burner and pilot go out during cooking. This is the problem I am having. Mine won’t stay on long enough to see if it also has the problem DECelt is having.
    2021 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaJohn View Post
    As I said in my previous posts, Best Buy has been having so much trouble with this model they requested that the manufacturer redesign it to solve these issues. I don’t know exactly what the changes are. The first shipment of new units are due at Best Buy in a couple of weeks.

The most common problem I have heard of is the oven burner and pilot go out during cooking. This is the problem I am having. Mine won’t stay on long enough to see if it also has the problem DECelt is having.
    We've had zero issues until the knobs melted. All I can offer is that the Best Buy business rep said (all his words) that this model has had thermal issues and has been replaced with a new model. He also said that parts for this model are presently unavailable. I didn't question him further. Hope this helps.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast