User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical connections for fridge fans

I read that a little 12V fan inside the fridge to circulate the air around the fins makes a difference in fridge temps. So I got these fans on Amazon: CFIKTE 3Pack 80mmX80mmX30Xmm 8025 12V DC 0.27A Dual Ball Bearing Brushless Cooling Fan. And I got these Low Voltage Dc 1.8v 3v 5v 6v 12v 2a Motor Speed Controllers also to change the fan speed.

I think in addition to the one inside, you can also put one in the back to help vent the warm air out.

So now I just need to install them somehow. :-) Has anyone done this mod in a Dometic fridge like the one we have in our GD 2150RB? I'd like to see how others have done it so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrig fan wiring

We have a 12 volt fan in the Dominic refrig Hanging on the cooling fins and blowing inward. We wired it to the hot side of the refrig light so it does not shut off when the door is closed. The fan has an on/off switch. This improved the interior sir flow and temperature consistency. We camp cooler climates. For hot locations I would also install a rear exterior exhaust

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROADAGN View Post
    We have a 12 volt fan in the Dominic refrig Hanging on the cooling fins and blowing inward. We wired it to the hot side of the refrig light so it does not shut off when the door is closed. The fan has an on/off switch. This improved the interior sir flow and temperature consistency. We camp cooler climates. For hot locations I would also install a rear exterior exhaust
    Thanks! That's what I'm going to do too. I will put it in the drip tray under the inside fins... that should do it. It's an 80mm fan, so it fits great. I'll tap into the wiring for the interior light like you said.... should work out great, thanks! I'll take some pics and post them here when done (tomorrow or Weds.).

There already is an exterior fan that runs automatically, I found out. It's on some kind of temperature controller. I pulled the baffle out from inside the top access to the fridge. I cleaned the fins off (some mud-wasp got in there and mucked it up) and reinstalled the baffle that channels the fan air up through the fins. We'll find out next week on a trip whether it works better.

Take care,
    Bryan
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those fans won't be water proof, or even water resistant, so be sure you protect them from direct moisture. I put both my fans directly on the fins blowing toward the fins. Worked great, outside temps
    were right at 100° and fridge temps stayed around 37° and freezer at 0° to 10°. I have them running continuously, but going to install a thermostat so they shut off at 38° and kick on at 42°. I used the
    hot wire that runs to the interior fan, as the 12V leg shut off when the light shut off.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Those fans won't be water proof, or even water resistant, so be sure you protect them from direct moisture. I put both my fans directly on the fins blowing toward the fins. Worked great, outside temps
    were right at 100° and fridge temps stayed around 37° and freezer at 0° to 10°. I have them running continuously, but going to install a thermostat so they shut off at 38° and kick on at 42°. I used the
    hot wire that runs to the interior fan, as the 12V leg shut off when the light shut off.
    Good point, thank you! I'll figure something out to keep it away from moisture.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    My light in the fridge looks like it has a plastic cover riveted on, is yours the same?
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to and a fan too. Mine has the rivet also. My fridge is Dometic RM1350SLMX. Did you get a fan what kind and how did you wire it?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisopy View Post
    My light in the fridge looks like it has a plastic cover riveted on, is yours the same?
    Sorry, I just now saw this. No, it's different, snap on cover it looks like, ours has the fan, and that's where I sourced the 12V power. So far ours is working well, in fact we had to turn the thermostat down to keep from freezing some of the stuff in the fridge section. It's a 2118S, I believe. Having the thermostat controlled fans works great.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent a reply to the wrong person. I meant to send to you. I want to and a fan too. Mine has the rivet not on the lens but on the recessed part holding the light bulb. My fridge is Dometic RM1350SLMX. Did you get a fan what kind and how did you wire it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast