User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are theater seats worth getting over the couch?

We have had our 2150RB for a couple years now, and the sofa/bed came in handy a couple times for others to sleep on. But it's really not that comfortable for eating or watching TV. So are the GD theater seats worth swapping out for the sofa? Do they recline? Are they comfortable for eating? Is there a table or pull-out tray with them to eat on? I assume these seats have no way to convert to a bed.

If we like theater seats better, is there a market out there for people to swap couch for theater seats?

Thanks!
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, theater seats much more comfortable! We removed our very uncomfortable chaise lounge sofa/sleeper and donated it to Salvation Army. Purchased and installed "Right Hand Recliner - Heritage Series (Various Options)" (plus left hand, and center console) from Lippert. This was slightly heavier than chaise lounge, but not as wide. RecPro had some options also.

SKU: 2020129285
    Don & Jeannie
    Kerr County, Texas
    2017 F150 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, Tow Package (not Max Tow)
    2018 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We moved our dinette and installed 4 recliners for our family of 4. The two end units are power reclining with heat and massage (for the DW)

We also added two removable tables with flush mount bases for dinning. The flush mounts allow the tables to be removed when retracting the slide.

Recliners/Consoles are Thomas Payne Seismic series from Camping World.

Tables are Garelick 75449

Pedestals are 29" Recessed SurFit Table Leg system.

Huge improvement and a lot for convient/comfortable for everyone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210509_215321.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	35700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210509_160445.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	35701Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210321_234313.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	35702

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jguzek; 07-27-2021 at 05:41 AM.
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went a totally different route. We had two of the theatre seat/recliners and to us, they were not comfortable at all, unless you are maybe 5'8 or 5'9" tall...max. So in place of the theatre seats, we bought a loveseat....no power anything and it is just a loveseat...no reclining and very comfortable....

On the other side of the living room, there was the "L" shaped sofa with two recliners....heated/vibrate massage/lighted......and sold that stuff too. This is what we replaced that with.....
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    We went a totally different route. We had two of the theatre seat/recliners and to us, they were not comfortable at all, unless you are maybe 5'8 or 5'9" tall...max. So in place of the theatre seats, we bought a loveseat....no power anything and it is just a loveseat...no reclining and very comfortable.
    How was it getting the loveseat in the door? I have the dreaded peeling issue on my theater seats and have not settled on a fix. This has appeal. Mind sharing brand of loveseat?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    How was it getting the loveseat in the door? I have the dreaded peeling issue on my theater seats and have not settled on a fix. This has appeal. Mind sharing brand of loveseat?
    The loveseat was no issue coming through the door into the camper....but our doors are right at 30" wide. Here is a link to the Loveseat that we got from Wayfair. It looks like they are out of stock at the present time....and the pricing has gone up since we purchased ours last Sept. I looked up our receipt and it was $579 plus shipping, etc.

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...001534067.html

Since there was no really good way to anchor the loveseat to the floor, as is just has 4 legs and not a frame under it like the theatre seating did, I bought two 4" ABS pipe end caps and screwed them to the floor of the slide (short enough screws so that it didn't scratch anything when putting the slide in or out), and since they are Black, you really don't notice them. The rear legs of the sofa sit inside the ABS end caps and the sofa has never moved when travelling . Hope this helps. Oh, the loveseat is a dark blue color.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like the standard sofa better.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the couch is soft and 6 feet long, that would be my preference. If it's a short couch, or one of the awful rollover sofas, then theater seats all the way.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s all a matter of personal preference. For us, we’re going to take out the theater recliners, and replace with individual rocker/recliners.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    It’s all a matter of personal preference. For us, we’re going to take out the theater recliners, and replace with individual rocker/recliners.
    So people have been replacing the seating with third-party recliners? I didn't even think of that. I thought you had to use the brand that would fit into that space... not sure, Lippert?
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast