Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drain Tube on Norcold 12cu Foot Fridge

Hey All, Brand new Reflection 28bh with the 12cu foot Norcold fridge. From the factory, the drain tube was crushed where it attaches to the drip tray at the back of the fridge. I have tried to straighten it, and can get the end to connect to the drip tray, but it still does not drain outside into the pan at the back of the fridge. Anyone know how to replace the drain tube with a new one so that I can get it to drain correctly? With many thanks in advance.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reran mine to the outside, I by-passed the cup. Once the cup was full it no longer drained.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hose connects to the drain up behind the fridge. To change the hose you would have to remove the fridge (think screws, sealant, propane line, power wires and it is heavy!)

Attached is a pic I found on the web that shows an RV fridge removed (Note it is sitting on a block to make it easier to slide in/out). You can follow the hose up to the drain port where it is sealed to the drain pan inside the fridge compartment under the fins).

I understand it is crushed. In order to see where it is leaking you can have somebody pour a cup of water in the tray inside the fridge so you can be on the outside looking at how the water drains. Perhaps you can repair it enough to avoid pulling the fridge for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0390.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	35874

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post
    The hose connects to the drain up behind the fridge. To change the hose you would have to remove the fridge (think screws, sealant, propane line, power wires and it is heavy!)

Attached is a pic I found on the web that shows an RV fridge removed (Note it is sitting on a block to make it easier to slide in/out). You can follow the hose up to the drain port where it is sealed to the drain pan inside the fridge compartment under the fins).

I understand it is crushed. In order to see where it is leaking you can have somebody pour a cup of water in the tray inside the fridge so you can be on the outside looking at how the water drains. Perhaps you can repair it enough to avoid pulling the fridge for now.

wow. thank you for all this information! the part of the tube that got crushed was where the small section of tube protrudes into the fridge - the part that is then supposed to push onto the nipple on the back of the drain train. Despite straightening it out, it still doesn't seem to drain. Was hoping to cut it off and push another piece of more rigid pipe in there, but worried that water will then leak inside/down the back of the fridge. thanks!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlakatos View Post

I see that this is a Dometic fridge, not a Norcold. There are similarities, but not identical.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)