User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on which Norcold you have, there may be a specific spot for the thermistor. It should not be moved (example 2118 should be on 2nd from right and I think 1/3 way up.) Apparently the "computer" in the system is calibrated for the specific location.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    We have the Norcold Refrigerator,it keeps freezing the food,I have replaced the thermistor and
    changed locations of it on different fins from the right to the left and from the bottom to the top.
    The only way I get it to stop freezing is to turn the fridge off, until the temp changes from
    -5 f to above 0 f (I bought a separate thermometer)
    Any ideas what is going on ?
    I know not all Norcolds are the same, I believe our's is a 1210 something or another. What setting do you have it on? I can select a temp setting from 1-9 on the outside panel of the fridge near the on/off switch. I keep mine on 5, 9 is too cold and stuff freezes. We live/camp in Texas in the summertime. The only issue I have is if I add not already refrigerated food, it takes a while to recover, and if I open it often within a short period of time.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is model, n811vfrt 1420buth,ours does not have settings ,it was preset at the factory, I have been told.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Depending on which Norcold you have, there may be a specific spot for the thermistor. It should not be moved (example 2118 should be on 2nd from right and I think 1/3 way up.) Apparently the "computer" in the system is calibrated for the specific location.
    Ours is a 1420,maybe I should contact Norcold,see if they have an answer,it has been freezing food since
    the first time we used it when the camper was new.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see no one on here suggested that the control board may be bad......

If it reacts the exact same way on gas and electric then it is something common to both. Since the sensor(s) has already been replaced that pretty much only leaves the temp selector or the control board. Our Norcold has a membrane touchpad to set the temp. Not sure what type this one has...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    I see no one on here suggested that the control board may be bad......

If it reacts the exact same way on gas and electric then it is something common to both. Since the sensor(s) has already been replaced that pretty much only leaves the temp selector or the control board. Our Norcold has a membrane touchpad to set the temp. Not sure what type this one has...
    Fez111,where would I find the control board for the fridge ? I have been told the temp is factory set
    because there is no control on the fridge itself to change the temperature.
    You mention temp selector also,is that on the back of the fridge ?

Thanks.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12