User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS 23bhe Solar Install...Have you done one?

I am getting ready to add solar to our 23bhe, and I am wondering if anyone has done this yet? Specifically, where did you mount the components, where did you run your wires, and lastly where are the OEM wires located for shore power and AC/DC panel.

I am trying to avoid ripping apart the rig in unnecessary places and finding a wiring diagram of the trailer hasn't yielded any results.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed solar…1 100 watt panel and solar charge controller, both from Renogy. Was super easy. Took about 1hr. It was pre-wired for solar so very easy. I mounted the solar panel pretty close to the solar port up on the roof with the z brackets from Renogy. You just plug the MC4 connectors right in.

Then down in the passthrough you should see a looped up red/black pair of wire. Don’t pull on those as it’s a single run from the roof to the battery. I just cut it and then plugged into the charge controller. Start with the battery terminal and if the charge controller starts up you are good if not plug the other wire into the battery terminal. Send me a private message if you want more detail. Happy to chat via phone