User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard wired surge protector in xls 23bhe. Where did you put yours?

I would like to hardwire the Hughes Autoform 30 Amp Smart Surge Protector in our 23bhe, but I am not sure where to splice it in on the shore power run. Has anyone added one to their 23bhe, and if so, where did you install it?

Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on this. Went ahead and installed this weekend. I spliced into the main line coming in from shore power and ran 10 AWG romex to the front storage bay on the door side of the unit. Then ran a wire back to the AC panel. Seems to work really well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on how yours is configured, but on our XLS 22MLED there was plenty of room under the sink, if you removed the panel that's installed and mount it there. The back of the incoming power plug is there. I was able to remove it from the outside...it had plenty of slack....installed a junction box....and made the necessary connections. It worked out
    great
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refclown View Post
    Not sure on how yours is configured, but on our XLS 22MLED there was plenty of room under the sink, if you removed the panel that's installed and mount it there. The back of the incoming power plug is there. I was able to remove it from the outside...it had plenty of slack....installed a junction box....and made the necessary connections. It worked out
    great
    Unfortunately, in the 23bhe, the electrical panel is by the door in the cabinet to the right. No room in the small space behind to even mount the unit (it is big). Good news is with installing where I did you don’t hear the hummm when it is powered on and the Bluetooth connection allows you to monitor without having to go outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk