Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fosgate Radio

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fosgate Radio

On my 2021 Solitude 310GK-R I have a Fosgate Radio. I tried to get the TV to play through the system, but all I get is static, no sound at all. When I play a DVD from my Blu Ray player which is hooked up to the TV on HDMI 1 the sound from the Blu-Ray disc comes through the system fine.
    I also found an optical cable laying on the floor hooked up to nothing on either end.
    Should the TV only play through the system?
    Is there a sub woofer in the 310?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our Solitude, the TV will not play through the radio. I intend to look into this.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    On my 2021 Solitude 310GK-R I have a Fosgate Radio. I tried to get the TV to play through the system, but all I get is static, no sound at all. When I play a DVD from my Blu Ray player which is hooked up to the TV on HDMI 1 the sound from the Blu-Ray disc comes through the system fine.
    I also found an optical cable laying on the floor hooked up to nothing on either end.
    Should the TV only play through the system?
    Is there a sub woofer in the 310?
    Your model Solitude came with an optical cable, an optical to analog adapter and a pair of RCA cables (Red/White). I know this because I have seen several of my friend's 310GK's with this setup dating back to 2018. My 2022 came with this setup as well. My guess is someone may have "borrowed" the adapter from your rig while it was still on the "showroom floor". My dealer said there were several stolen from his lot as they leave the rigs unlocked during store hours.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker View Post
    Your model Solitude came with an optical cable, an optical to analog adapter and a pair of RCA cables (Red/White). I know this because I have seen several of my friend's 310GK's with this setup dating back to 2018. My 2022 came with this setup as well. My guess is someone may have "borrowed" the adapter from your rig while it was still on the "showroom floor". My dealer said there were several stolen from his lot as they leave the rigs unlocked during store hours.
    OK I have the optical cable, and there is a box connected to a 110v outlet with two RCA cables connected to it. Does the optical cable plug int that box? If so where does the other end of the optical cable plug into?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    OK I have the optical cable, and there is a box connected to a 110v outlet with two RCA cables connected to it. Does the optical cable plug int that box? If so where does the other end of the optical cable plug into?
    That's good news. Yes, the optical cable will plug into that box. I am not looking at the connection right now but if I remember right, the other end of the RCAs plug into the Rockford Fosgate and the other end of the optical goes into the TV audio out. If not, it is the opposite, RCA to TV and optical to Rockford Fosgate. Let me know if you don't get it I will try to snap some pix for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good news. Yes, the optical cable will plug into that box. I am not looking at the connection right now but if I remember right, the other end of the RCAs plug into the Rockford Fosgate and the other end of the optical goes into the TV audio out. If not, it is the opposite, RCA to TV and optical to Rockford Fosgate. Let me know if you don't get it I will try to snap some pix for you.
    Pictures would be great. It looks like the RCA cables are going to the speakers above the TV. The box seems to be covered with double stick tape, but it is just hanging on the wires. I didn't see an optical connection on the TV, but I will look at the manual later.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK everything is hooked up as it should be I got audio from the TV to the Fosgate. I had to set the TV digital out to PCM. The only problem now is I don't have any sub woofer output.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    B&W Companion Slider