Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matching Trim/Wood

Has anyone tried to locate matching trim or additional wood for their trailer? It's not really to replace any damage or anything, just some customization that I'm doing...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found another thread on the same topic. But I can't see a way to delete this one...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to do your own sleuthing on this. Each model and decorating series (i.e. your 2022 Imagine travel trailer) has a unique set of color and stain mixes mixed up by the cabinet makers to make the interiors for the RVs. We were lucky enough to find someone who had already done the work for our 2020 Solitude and knew which Minwax stain came the closest to our interior cabinets and trim (and it's darned near perfect). If you can't find anyone who has already done that for 2022 Imagines, you can remove a piece of something and take it to the paint store to match - or you can bring home the stain sample cards and hold them up to different parts of the interior of your trailer. If it's exterior paint, GD can usually give you the color codes, but you would have to have that mixed up at an automotive paint shop. As for shape and size of trim, take photos on your phone and measurements and head to the lumber yard.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh hey, that's a much better idea! I'll have to take a look at the stains and bring a sample.
    Chad

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Oh hey, that's a much better idea! I'll have to take a look at the stains and bring a sample.
    I would go to their parts store and order a small trim piece. You can order this directly from the factory. I just ordered some trim myself.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
    I would go to their parts store and order a small trim piece. You can order this directly from the factory. I just ordered some trim myself.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I'll look into that as well...
    Chad

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I know this is an older post
    but I was also looking for the stain and found this on another site.
    I can't upload the label image, but it is Varathane Briarsmoke oil base stain. I haven't tried it but from the label, it looks like a match.
    2021 GD Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ram 1500 Classic 5.7Hemi Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjunkie View Post
    Hi, I know this is an older post
    but I was also looking for the stain and found this on another site.
    I can't upload the label image, but it is Varathane Briarsmoke oil base stain. I haven't tried it but from the label, it looks like a match.
    This was an older post. I never did provide an update that I took a sample into Home Depot and thought we had a perfect match but it turned out to be so far off it wasn't even in the same color spectrum. LOL! I ended up just using a wood stain I had on hand and it blended in okay. But now that I have another new camper to start work on again I'm thinking I'll either order some material from GD or try a better stain match from someplace else. Would be nice to know if the stain you found turns out to be a decent match.
    Chad